2018 Draft RB Thread

CalhounLambeau

18 hours ago, Down to Earth said:

Is this still the 2018 Draft Eligible RB thread?

Anyways, got a chance to watch a but of the ND-Stanford game last night. How does Stanford's RB Love project to the next level. I see him ranked fairly high on most rankings. Is he a three down back? Who's his comparables? Thanks.

Elite burst and breakaway speed. Shows patience and can shift gears. Very good vision and sets up his blocks. Good balance and tough for his size. Often upright but also fights for extra yards with leverage. Playing through a high ankle and still his team's main engine.

Tiny and doesn't have the size to handle a heavy workload. Competes as a blocker but can be easily overwhelmed. Not an experienced receiver out the backfield.

He's something like a Dalvin Cook, Chris Thompson or Jerrick McKinnon.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 12:38 PM, Down to Earth said:

Is this still the 2018 Draft Eligible RB thread?

Anyways, got a chance to watch a but of the ND-Stanford game last night. How does Stanford's RB Love project to the next level. I see him ranked fairly high on most rankings. Is he a three down back? Who's his comparables? Thanks.

Bryce Love = Napoleon Kaufman

18 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

One of those is not like the other.

Not really. 

McKinnon was carrying the Vikings for a few games this year. And Johnson was quietly dominant before getting injured. All are explosive but lack size and durability.

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Soooo....

Really like Hicks as a sleeper. Just adequate size/speed but he's shifty with good vision and can catch. 

He'll get lost in this class and likely an UDFA but if he gets stronger as a pro he could stick somewhere....i.e..Terron Ward.

7 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Not really. 

McKinnon was carrying the Vikings for a few games this year. And Johnson was quietly dominant before getting injured. All are explosive but lack size and durability.

Really like Hicks as a sleeper. Just adequate size/speed but he's shifty with good vision and can catch. 

He'll get lost in this class and likely an UDFA but if he gets stronger as a pro he could stick somewhere....i.e..Terron Ward.

Cook and even McKinnon have some size and power to their game that Thompson doesn't. Cook has a feature-back skill set.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Kerryon Johnson, Auburn RB, getting Le’Veon Bell comparisons though he’s about 3 inches shorter. 

Anyway thoughts on him?

I know Bell has slimmed down, but Johnson seems a lot leaner than Bell is even now. He runs hard as hell, but I don't know if he'd go in the first three rounds. He almost reminds me of Wayne Gallman in that he's a powerful runner with a smaller frame.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Kerryon Johnson, Auburn RB, getting Le’Veon Bell comparisons though he’s about 3 inches shorter. 

Anyway thoughts on him?

His running style reminds me of Darren McFadden and early career Demarco Murray. Upright guy with long legs.

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Anyway thoughts on him?

Love Johnson. 

He's all lateral quickness, vision and toughness. Makes guys miss in the tightest of spaces. 

Runs bigger because he uses great leverage. He blocks, catches, and has a forever motor.

Decent burst but it looks like he lacks speed. And haven't read exactly what he hurt last week but it didn't look good. 

He's perfected that Le'Veon patience style but he reminds me of a smaller David Johnson.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:46 PM, jrry32 said:

He's a talented kid. He had a great game. I think he has a bright future. I still am not sold on him as the #1 HB in this class, and I still think you calling him Marshall Faulk is an overstatement.

Did you not see the screen pass he took to end zone like it was nothing. The guy looks like a better Jamal Charles. Saints were stupid to go away from him late and try to pass an old Drew Brees.

4 hours ago, Classic said:

Did you not see the screen pass he took to end zone like it was nothing. The guy looks like a better Jamal Charles. Saints were stupid to go away from him late and try to pass an old Drew Brees.

He didn't score on a screen pass. I thought his swing pass where he broke 4 or 5 tackles for a 15ish yard gain was impressive. His long TD run was more blocking and play-calling than anything, but he still finished the run. And His TD catch was exploiting the Rams soft defense because of the big lead.

However, he played a great game. He just wasn't OMG this guy is a slam dunk HOFer impressive. He'll be a very good player, but Marshall Faulk is too high of praise for me atm.

Archived