2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

Someone talk to me about Allen Lazard. Watching him through the first half of the bowl game he seems like a guy who might stick around for a while. Doesn’t seem like he has the separation ability to really become a top end receiver but the size and body control seem intriguing. 

6 hours ago, alfalcone said:

Reminds me of Golden Tate.  His teammate, Marcell Ateman is going to get some serious buzz as the process plays out.

I'm all about Ateman, 2nd-3rd round grade already and I am betting it goes to a high 2nd if I feel like he does well in the Combine drills.

23 hours ago, winitall said:

Someone talk to me about Allen Lazard. Watching him through the first half of the bowl game he seems like a guy who might stick around for a while. Doesn’t seem like he has the separation ability to really become a top end receiver but the size and body control seem intriguing. 

Every time I watch him, I feel like he's slow. I'm sure that he'll time fine, but he's not a guy that I think plays fast. Love the size and I think that he uses it very well in the redzone, but I just haven't been super impressed from what I have seen thus far this year in terms of how he'll translate at the next level. 

Does anybody has a take on Notre Dame WR Equanimeous St. Brown?

He and his 2 brothers will be probably pushed hard in our national media as the next big hopes for german related players in the NFL. I haven't seen much of him, yet and especially not this year but obviously his production went down, which should be a direct effect of Wimbuschs playstyle. How much will that hurt him?

St. Brown is not a 1st round pick in my opinion. He looks the part and runs a time that would indicate he'd be a superstar, but he just isn't as physical as his size would lead you to believe. And he's not so fast that he will run away from NFL DB's. I don't like big WR's that don't high point routinely. I was a big Devin Funchess hater for the same reason, but he turned out to be decent so I guess we'll see what happens with St. Brown. ESB is much faster than Funchess was btw, so that's not my player comp.

Oh, I also don't like how he isn't quick. He doesn't run great routes and I believe it is a result of stiff hips, which most of the big WR's suffer from. I've seen multiple people say he is their #1 WR in this class, but I don't know if he's in my top 5. I have no official list of prospects yet (lazy), but I would probably have him located outside of that top 5 at the moment.

Calvin Ridley and Deon Cain are my NFL draft favorites this year.

Archived