Jump to content
Jeezla

The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Recommended Posts

Just felt like mentioning some guys who have gotten little to no play in this thread.

Kylin Hill, Mississippi State, 3JR

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU., 3JR

C.J. Verdell, Oregon, 3JR

Larry Rountree, Missouri, 3JR

Michael Warren, Cincinnati, 3JR

Salvon Ahmed, Washington, 3JR

Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State, 3SO

Mekhi Sargent, Iowa, 4JR

Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana-Lafayette, 3JR 

Trey Ragas, Louisiana-Lafayette, 3JR

Darrynton Evans, Appalachian State, 4JR

Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas, 3JR

JaTarvious Whitlow, Auburn, 3SO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Why are people sleeping on Cam Akers? That dude is gonna be a superstar RB. 

I know I'm late but absolute fact, he literally had the worst OL in the country. Just imagine the rave he would have with just an average line, let alone have a similar line to what Johnathan Taylor has at UW. This guy literally had to fight, kick and scratch for every yard he has gotten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 5:34 AM, CalhounLambeau said:

Just felt like mentioning some guys who have gotten little to no play in this thread.

Kylin Hill, Mississippi State, 3JR

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU., 3JR

C.J. Verdell, Oregon, 3JR

Larry Rountree, Missouri, 3JR

Michael Warren, Cincinnati, 3JR

Salvon Ahmed, Washington, 3JR

Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State, 3SO

Mekhi Sargent, Iowa, 4JR

Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana-Lafayette, 3JR 

Trey Ragas, Louisiana-Lafayette, 3JR

Darrynton Evans, Appalachian State, 4JR

Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas, 3JR

JaTarvious Whitlow, Auburn, 3SO

 

Verdell is a 3SO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Verdell is a 3SO

I have him listed as a 3SO in the database, fudged it here, thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Etienne is the fastest straight line runner I’ve ever seen at the running back position. The guy kills safeties and linebackers on angles, they can’t reach him. He is a walking home run on every touch, never seen anything like this kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Travis Etienne is the fastest straight line runner I’ve ever seen at the running back position. The guy kills safeties and linebackers on angles, they can’t reach him. He is a walking home run on every touch, never seen anything like this kid. 

The thing I hated most about the Eagles drafting Miles Sanders in round 2 is that it guaranteed the Eagles won't be drafting Etienne in 2020. Etienne is basically a faster Kamara or a faster Shady McCoy. If he doesn't have a down year, he'll be my 2nd highest graded RB after Saquon to come out since AP. It's going to suck watching him go to the Dolphins or Bucs or Ravens or 49ers or Bills or Colts or, heaven help us, the Packers.

Edited by Jeezla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 9:55 AM, ClutchDJ said:

I love Eno, but over Swift? Eh.

Yes, I'm probably too high in him. I've got a thing for guys that play above their size and speed. His elusiveness and balance is special but he can't match Swift's explosion. Could come down to durability though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 1:15 AM, goldfishwars said:

Travis Etienne is the fastest straight line runner I’ve ever seen at the running back position. The guy kills safeties and linebackers on angles, they can’t reach him. He is a walking home run on every touch, never seen anything like this kid. 

You never watched Chris Johnson play, I take it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You never watched Chris Johnson play, I take it?

Yeah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah 

Talk about destroying angles. I'd never seen anything like Johnson -- I was shocked he fell so far that year, even coming from a small school.

I don't think Etienne is as fast as Johnson, but I think he's probably a better developed player. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:12 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I know I'm late but absolute fact, he literally had the worst OL in the country. Just imagine the rave he would have with just an average line, let alone have a similar line to what Johnathan Taylor has at UW. This guy literally had to fight, kick and scratch for every yard he has gotten

Yeah Akers is going to be a stud.  Etienne too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Jonathan Taylor is on fire. He could challenge for the Heisman.

Dude won the Doak Walker award for the Best RB in the Nation in 2018. Had 2100+ rushing yards and 16 TDs. This year, he has 35 carries for 237 yards (6.8 yards per carry), 5 TDs rushing, 5 receptions for 64 yards and 3 TDs receiving in 2 games. He's having a Heisman candidate season early. He's looked like a more explosive David Montgomery so far, though it's been against South Florida and Central Michigan, admittedly. Next Saturday against Michigan will be an important game for him.

Edited by HoboRocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:01 PM, HoboRocket said:

Wow. Jonathan Taylor is on fire. He could challenge for the Heisman.

Dude won the Doak Walker award for the Best RB in the Nation in 2018. Had 2100+ rushing yards and 16 TDs. This year, he has 35 carries for 237 yards (6.8 yards per carry), 5 TDs rushing, 5 receptions for 64 yards and 3 TDs receiving in 2 games. He's having a Heisman candidate season early. He's looked like a more explosive David Montgomery so far, though it's been against South Florida and Central Michigan, admittedly. Next Saturday against Michigan will be an important game for him.

A RB is going to have to go for 2500+ for a shot at the Heisman, it's essentially a QB award anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

A RB is going to have to go for 2500+ for a shot at the Heisman, it's essentially a QB award anymore.

Unless it’s in a year like Derrick Henry’ Heisman year. His stats were way worse than Gordon’s were the previous year but he won it because QBs had a down year, Gordon had to contend with Mariota’s crazy season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really curious what everyone would think of Etienne if he played at Wisconsin. My guess is most people would drop him on their list because “all UW RBs fail in the NFL” and “are just products of the system and the OL”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×