Le'Veon Bell or Rob Gronkowski?

DoleINGout

Gronk/Bell  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have going into this season?

• Le'Veon Bell, Steelers
    • Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2018 at 11:04 PM

Both have been distractions recently but both are extremely good at football. Gronk has an extra year on his contract and appears less likely to hold out to start the 2018 season but is also feared to be retiring soon. Bell is a few years younger than Gronk but has been suspended for stupid things before. Both are injury prone to a certain degree as well. Which player would you rather have going into the 2018 season given their current situation?

I'm assuming this is for a one year rental.

Edit: I don't know why it formatted that way, I'll try to fix it.

Buffalo Bills – Rob Gronkowski - Because LeSean McCoy

Miami Dolphins – Rob Gronkowski  - Allows Mike Gesicki time to develop as an NFL TE.  They have Frank Gore and Kenyan Drake at RB.

New England Patriots – Rob Gronkowski - Already have Gronk and invested plenty at RB.

New York Jets – Rob Gronkowski - They have nothing at TE. 

Baltimore Ravens – Le’Veon Bell - Did not address RB, drafted two of the top four TE's in the draft.

Cleveland Browns – Rob Gronkowski - They have David Njoku at TE, but that still pales in comparison to having Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb at RB.

Cincinnati Bengals – Rob Gronkowski – I trust Giovani Bernard and Joe Mixon’s ability to stay healthy more than Tyler Eifert.

Pittsburgh Steelers – Le’Veon Bell – Already there. 

Houston Texans – Rob Gronkowski - Familiarity with Bill O'Brien.

Indianapolis Colts – Le’Veon Bell - Have Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle at TE vs. Marlon Mack and a pair of day three rookies at running back. While Frank Reich's offense is dependent on TE play, just imagine Bell behind that interior offensive line. 

Jacksonville Jaguars – Rob Gronkowski - Leonard Fournette and T.J. Yeldon at RB vs. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins and Niles Paul at TE. 

Tennessee Titans – Rob Gronkowski - Have two quality running backs in Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis vs. one quality TE in Delaine Walker.

Denver Broncos – Rob Gronkowski - Devontae Booker, De'Angelo Henderson and Royce Freeman might not be the best group of running backs in the league, but it's still better than Jeff Heuermann and Jake Butt at TE. 

Kansas City Chiefs – Le’Veon Bell - In a vacuum, I'm taking Le'Veon Bell ahead of Rob Gronkowski.  Bell is younger and in my opinion less injury prone.  So for a team that has their RB in Kareem Hunt and their TE in Travis Kelce, I'm going with Bell. 

Los Angeles Chargers – Rob Gronkowski - Have Melvin Gordon and lost Hunter Henry for the year. 

Oakland Raiders – Rob Gronkowski - They could go either way, but I'd probably take Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin at RB instead of Jared Cook at TE.

Dallas Cowboys – Rob Gronkowski - Temporary Jason Witten replacement.

New York Giants – Rob Gronkowski - Just drafted a running back second overall. 

Philadelphia Eagles – Le’Veon Bell - Have two quality TE's already.  I'd take Bell and Goedert over Gronk and I guess for this analogy, Corey Clement.  Although that's not to say I think Clement is bad.  He is poised for a possible breakout year. 

Washington – Rob Gronkowski - Drafted Derrius Guice and Jordan Reed can never stay healthy.

Chicago Bears – Le’Veon Bell - Heavy investment at TE, gives Chicago a pass catching RB for Matt Nagy's offense.

Detroit Lions – Rob Gronkowski - Have Legarratte Blount, Theo Riddick and Kerryon Johnson at RB vs. Luke Wilson and Michael Roberts at TE.

Green Bay Packers – Le’Veon Bell - Just signed Jimmy Graham.

Minnesota Vikings – Rob Gronkowski - Allows for 2 TE sets on a team with questionable #3 WR's on a team with a quality run game already in place.

Atlanta Falcons – Rob Gronkowski - Great running back tandem, not nearly as much at TE. 

Carolina Panthers – Le’Veon Bell - I liked the C.J. Anderson signing, but Bell would give them a much better feature back.  Still have Greg Olsen at TE. 

New Orleans Saints – Rob Gronkowski - We all know what Drew Brees can do when he has a top tier TE to throw to.  Alliteration! 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Le’Veon Bell - Yes they just drafted a RB in the second round, but they also have two good TE's, one of whom was a first round draft pick and the other just got a big money contract.

Arizona Cardinals – Rob Gronkowski - David Johnson at RB.

Los Angeles Rams – Rob Gronkowski - Todd Gurley at RB

San Francisco 49ers – Le’Veon Bell - Yeah, they just gave McKinnon a big money deal, but given how well I think Bell would fit that offense, I can't go with Gronk here. 

Seattle Seahawks – Rob Gronkowski - Just drafted a RB in the first round, don't have much at TE. 

Gronk very easily. Gronk has such a wide catch radius that you don't even need to be all that accurate to utilize him well. He'll be a mismatch anywhere on the field and will likely open up match ups for receivers. He has value as a blocker and can beef up your QB's protection if you are playing a particularly strong defense. He has spam ability where you can just abuse him like a cheat code if all else feels. 

Leveon's great, don't get me wrong. But Gronk is a guy who will likely go down as the most dominant to ever play his position from an athletic standpoint. Leveon will go down as a really great pass catching RB. 

12 hours ago, lancerman said:

Gronk very easily. Gronk has such a wide catch radius that you don't even need to be all that accurate to utilize him well. He'll be a mismatch anywhere on the field and will likely open up match ups for receivers. He has value as a blocker and can beef up your QB's protection if you are playing a particularly strong defense. He has spam ability where you can just abuse him like a cheat code if all else feels. 

Leveon's great, don't get me wrong. But Gronk is a guy who will likely go down as the most dominant to ever play his position from an athletic standpoint. Leveon will go down as a really great pass catching RB. 

Basically the same thing I'd say.

19 hours ago, Crickett said:

Houston Texans – Rob Gronkowski - Familiarity with Bill O'Brien.

The rumor is/was the Texans were asking about Gronk's availability this off-season. There's a dire need at the position, and adding a guy like Gronk to work the seam, with DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller on the outside? A healthy Deshaun Watson absolutely destroys everything in his path with a trio like this at his disposal. This would be Infinity Gauntlet-like chaos...

38 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The rumor is/was the Texans were asking about Gronk's availability this off-season. There's a dire need at the position, and adding a guy like Gronk to work the seam, with DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller on the outside? A healthy Deshaun Watson absolutely destroys everything in his path with a trio like this at his disposal. This would be Infinity Gauntlet-like chaos...

Plus Gronk does things offensive tackles do blocking-wise.

Im a Steeler fan, and Id take Gronk.

Bell is obviously a very nice weapon, and both players have certain quirks, but Im really starting to dislike Bell, and no, its not because he wants to get paid huge money....its more how he is just becoming more obnoxious with each passing day.   And as I said, I am really concerned about what Bell might become after he locks down a long term deal.    

Archived