2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

How so? Millsap is no doubt overpaid, but it's the Denver Nuggets. They are not getting any max level players in FA, that they could get a player of his quality and only commit 2 years was a major get. What could they do different this offseason without Millsap contract?

Not doing anything would be better. He’s been hurt for 2 years and wasn’t that good when he played. Hell give that money to Gordon maybe he could turn into something. 

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

if deandre opt of his contract, he's gonna be taking a ~6-8m dollar pay cut in next year's salary just to get off LAC, huh? just to go to dallas? i dont get it. 

Doubt he opts out. Gotta assume the DJ for Wes Matthews and 2nds deal happens at some point.

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not doing anything would be better. He’s been hurt for 2 years and wasn’t that good when he played. Hell give that money to Gordon maybe he could turn into something. 

it was a two year contract. please 

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The Mavs tying up money in DeAndre is great news for the rest of the western conference. 

Cuban is a fool. They could have favors for half the price and I’d think he’d have a bigger impact. LA was better with Harrell on the floor than DJ because he was more versatile. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cuban is a fool. They could have favors for half the price and I’d think he’d have a bigger impact. LA was better with Harrell on the floor than DJ because he was more versatile. 

Favors is going to resign with Utah.

Random as hell, but if Pelinka builds a beast in LA and with the success of Bob Myers, could we see more agents turned GMs in the near future? They obviously have relationships already with opposing GMs and players in the league, and are sharp with the cap. Who is the next agent turned GM candidate? 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Random as hell, but if Pelinka builds a beast in LA and with the success of Bob Myers, could we see more agents turned GMs in the near future? They obviously have relationships already with opposing GMs and players in the league, and are sharp with the cap. Who is the next agent turned GM candidate? 

Maybe.  But I think we're seeing two ideal situations brewing.  I mean, Golden State was literally an example of the perfect timing.  I mean, Steph Curry signed a well below-market deal because of his injury concerns, Draymond Green didn't blossom into the player he's become until AFTER he signed his extension, and Klay Thompson signed an extension and took less money.  Combine that with the MASSIVE cap jump, and they had a good situation and timing was great.  Similar with the Lakers.  Have enough cap space to sign two max FAs, and not gut their roster to do so.  Perfect timing.  Don't think you can really recreate those situations in cities like Milwaukee or Portland.

Archived