What video game are you playing?

50 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Isn't it the biggest video game redemption stories next to Battlefront 2?  Apparently it is nothing like the launch game. 

I’ve only played the launch game. It’s pretty different. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I’ve only played the launch game. It’s pretty different. 

Yeah, No Man's Sky has constantly improved over the years. And what's better is that they have made it all free. Yes, some of these features were promised at launch only to not be there, but there are also plenty of other features that they've added that makes it tons of fun. I didn't have PS Plus when I started, though, so my game is single-player. 

At launch, it was pretty flat-out sad. I played it at a buddy's house. We'd both been hyped up for it for like four years before it came out, only to not really be very good. At all.

When they had the re-release of No Man's Sky as No Man's Sky: Beyond, I bought it for like $12 at GameStop. Figured it was at least worth a try. Beyond is literally the same as the normal copy since you get all the DLC for free anyways, but it was a good way to market how much the game had changed. In that one, alone, there were seven major updates separating it from launch version. They've added even more since then, and it's awesome.

I really like both Battlefront 2 and No Man's Sky, and both started out as awful games.

• Like 1

146 hours later, I think I've finally finished AC Odyssey (or at least every quest I can find plus all DLC, I'm not 100%-ing it, I'll die). Awesome game, been playing it for months so now I don't know what to do with my life. Definitely the most amount of hours I've put in to a non-sports game. Roll on Valhalla.

Last thing I did was climb up to Mount Taygetos and take this photo of Kassandra looking all cool, and somehow not getting burned by Phobos (who looks a little under the weather tbh).

c68d305c-71f6-4ead-b598-c7231d17b4d8_Thu

Edited by RJ_11
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

146 hours later, I think I've finally finished AC Odyssey (or at least every quest I can find plus all DLC, I'm not 100%-ing it, I'll die). Awesome game, been playing it for months so now I don't know what to do with my life. Definitely the most amount of hours I've put in to a non-sports game. Roll on Valhalla.

Last thing I did was climb up to Mount Taygetos and take this photo of Kassandra looking all cool, and somehow not getting burned by Phobos (who looks a little under the weather tbh).

Holy crap, I'm not sure I have the time to complete it all.  I'm already at 86 and just finished the main story.  

On 12/05/2020 at 10:16 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, there is also the fact that Origins was deemed as the "origins" of the Assassin Order, and then the next game goes further back in time than Origins.  

I really like Odyssey, but I also liked some of the RPG aspects they put in, as well as Greek mythology.  

Origins is definitely the best game since AC2 though.  

Yeah gotta agree with all that. The setting blinkered my opinion on Odyssey (love ancient Greek history), but it's nothing to do with AC really.

So you prefered Origins to black flag, revelations etc?

I'm so pumped about Valhalla.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Phobos got a bit of a tan up there.

It's such a cool game isn't it, exploring areas we know were important parts of civilisation's history (obviously through the medium of a game only). Beautiful setting. 

Valhalla, apparently, will have; raids, river navigation, stealth is back, a raven instead of eagle (a la Odin), instant-kills return, settlement building (you have to care for it, contribute etc), dual weilding, rap battles and drinking games, northern lights in Norway, deeper character customisation (tattoos etc). I am hype.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Phobos got a bit of a tan up there.

It's such a cool game isn't it, exploring areas we know were important parts of civilisation's history (obviously through the medium of a game only). Beautiful setting. 

Valhalla, apparently, will have; raids, river navigation, stealth is back, a raven instead of eagle (a la Odin), instant-kills return, settlement building (you have to care for it, contribute etc), dual weilding, rap battles and drinking games, northern lights in Norway, deeper character customisation (tattoos etc). I am hype.

Yeah it actually made me really interested in the war that was going on during the game, think I spent an entire afternoon at work reading about it a while ago haha. Some of those new dynamics in Valhalla sound amazing, I'm ready for a AC break after finishing this, but I'm gonna be so pumped for that when it comes out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Holy crap, I'm not sure I have the time to complete it all.  I'm already at 86 and just finished the main story.  

To be fair I wasted about 15-20 hours trying to do every location on the map before I realised that was pointless, so think you could do everything in maybe 120, dunno I tend to be pretty slow. The DLC does give you a lot more hours than I was expecting though.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:33 AM, RJ_11 said:

To be fair I wasted about 15-20 hours trying to do every location on the map before I realised that was pointless, so think you could do everything in maybe 120, dunno I tend to be pretty slow. The DLC does give you a lot more hours than I was expecting though.

Yeah, I've already done 90% of that LOL.  I have the two countries above Lakonia to complete, and Macedonia.  Macedonia also has some achievements tied to it as well.  

On 5/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, seminoles1 said:

I really wish they would remaster The Lord of the Rings games based on the movies. I really want to play them again.

Those were fun. Even the GBA ones were fun Diablo ripoffs. 

I'm playing Super Mega Baseball 3. Great baseball game, the new franchise mode is fun. 

On 5/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, minutemancl said:

Beat Dark Souls 3, DLC and all. I really, really enjoyed it. I've seen a lot of people talk about Midir being the hardest boss ever, but I don't see it. I learned his patterns pretty quickly and almost beat him without taking a hit. Still took about 10 tries, but that's nothing compared to Gael and Friede. Gael took maybe 20-25, and Friede took upwards of 30-40. It took forever for me to learn all her moves in all her phases, and even then, she was so fast that I couldn't even get a counter attack in a lot of times. I can't imagine doing that fight without Gael helping out as a summon. It's no coincidence I finally beat her once he stayed alive well into phase 3.

Started NG+ last night. Not sure how long I'm going to make it in until I get bored and stop.

Well, apparently I didn't get bored. Beat NG+ this past weekend. Only died once to a boss the entire time, and it was to Yhorm. Otherwise, I flew through it.