2018 Training Camp Updates

RaidersAreOne

On 7/30/2018 at 3:42 PM, 49erurtaza said:

I'm not a giants fan but my God 

The hype for Saquon is absurd and it is impossible for him to live up to it, really. That said, he has looked really good. He's been catching absolutely everything, making a few shoestring catches and a couple one handed ones. He's only been covered by LBs and safeties so far, and nobody has even been close to covering him.

Davis Webb has looked really good, especially throwing on the run. Other lesser known standouts include CB Donte Deayon, who is competing for the starting nickel spot, WR Amba Etta-Tawo, former Syracuse receiver who has been especially impressive on deep routes, DB Curtis Riley, former Titans CB who has been getting first team reps at FS next to Landon Collins, and C Jon Halapio, who has taken all of the first team C snaps over Brett Jones, who started 13 games at C for us last season.

Oh and OBJ still is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like he is fully healthy. Shepard and Engram look great as well.

Flowers and the 2nd team OTs are getting beat like a drum by Connor Barwin and Lorenzo Carter. As expected, Flowers will still be terrible at RT and if Solder goes down, we are in trouble.

Lastly, Bettcher is a mastermind of a DC. Kind of incredible we managed to land him. Even in practice, his defense has been entirely unpredictable from the offense's perspective.

Of course I write a glowing post of Mahomes in camp so far and he has started throwing picks. 3 today. This is where he must push his abilities to the limit and learn so I'm not worried at all, but I can't just ignore the bad as well. Today was probably bad. After one interception, he said he called the play and no one was where he thought they would be. Not sure how I want to read into that one lol.

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'll apologize in advance for all the hype you guys are going to hear about John Ross from Bengals nation.  We all have a man crush on him, let us just have this...

I'm thinking of great an elite TE and going RB heavy in my fantasy league... Maybe Ross could be a straight stud and make me look like a genius

-So the early word at Titans TC is our secondary appears to be legit. Malcolm Butler has been the MVP of camp so far, having multiple picks already.

-Derrick Henry looks like he's ready to breakout this season. Everyone has spoke about how well he looks physically(no surprise here), how he looks like he'll have a expanded role as a pass catcher and how he fits our new zone run blocking offense like a glove. Trying to contain my excitement level for him

-Early on, sounds like our 2nd year guys (Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown) have all taken that next step. It's crazy how much positive things I've heard from each of them since OTAs. Will see if it carries to the actual games but if they've truly taken that next step, it'd obviously be huge for the team.

-Mariota has been mostly good but he has had some struggles. He's been on the money on deep, downfield throws and I'm seeing that he appears as fast as ever. Also appears where run more playaction, bootlegs and RPO to fit his strengths. However I'm seeing he has missed some "gimme" throws throughout TC. Nothing too concerning but something to keep an eye on.

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm thinking of great an elite TE and going RB heavy in my fantasy league... Maybe Ross could be a straight stud and make me look like a genius

Eh, idk about fantasy numbers at least this season.  Mixon, Dalton, AJ Green...Then a big drop off fantasy wise....Eifert (if healthy), Tyler Boyd, and Gio should be the top 6 fantasy players for the Bengals this season.  Ross is electric but I don't think he'll see enough snaps (barring injury) to outscore those other guys...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Eh, idk about fantasy numbers at least this season.  Mixon, Dalton, AJ Green...Then a big drop off fantasy wise....Eifert (if healthy) and possibly Tyler Boyd should be the top 5 fantasy players for the Bengals this season.  Ross is electric but I don't think he'll see enough snaps (barring injury) to outscore those other guys... 

wouldn't Ross be slot, and he was former top 10 who is electric... I see a sleeper who might blow up

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

wouldn't Ross be slot, and he was former top 10 who is electric... I see a sleeper who might blow up

Tough to say at this point.  Things get much better for the Bengals if the coaching staff is smart enough (doubt it) to cut Brandon LaFell.  Then Green, Boyd, and Ross are the top 3.  With Ross getting a lot of slot duty.  But we could also flex Eifert/Mixon/Gio to the slot at times... 

Archived