What would you offer for Khalil Mack?

Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Derek Carr signed a 125 million dollar contract to put up QB16 numbers the following year which is now a part of the reason the Raiders cant pay Mack. So my point being---unless Derek Carr goes from producing like Andy Dalton to Aaron Rodgers this year, his contract is deplorable. That was my whole point behind the original poster talking about Case Keenums apparently ridiculous contract. 

Start a new thread. Do you want to go through all the reasons why? 

Honestly, even Keenum's mother probably doesn't think he's at the same level as Carr.    It's also fair to say Carr's underperformed grossly last year, and given the $ outlay, isn't meeting expectations.   Doesn't damn his future yet, either.  I mean, it's not like he's Paxton Lynch-awful, lol.  And bounce-back is very possible.  

Maybe we can all leave it at that, and get back to Mack.  Where the Raiders letting him stew with no movement, that's just a sad state of affairs.   Even if they are in a cap crunch, to have almost no communication with him, that's sending a worse message than showing the books.  

Whoever gets Mack is going to be a helluva happy team.  The only Q is how much OAK can force a team to pay them, given how untenable the relationship appears to be.   That's probably the most fascinating part to this whole saga - the story behind the blinking match that's probably happening with Raiders FO/Gruden, other teams, and of course, Mack, will make a great 30-for-30 piece if he does end up moving elsewhere in his prime, and theoretically under control for 2-3 more seasons (5th year option, and 1-2 more franchise tags).

I remember when it was all Mack's waiting on Donald.... Donald's waiting in Mack to set the market. Don't worry! No big deal!

Here we are basically 10 days before the season, neither deal is done, neither end in sight really. Talks of Trades!

Good ole' days!

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The only Q is how much OAK can force a team to pay them, given how untenable the relationship appears to be.   That's probably the most fascinating part to this whole saga - the story behind the blinking match that's probably happening with Raiders FO/Gruden, other teams, and of course, Mack, will make a great 30-for-30 piece

The stuff on 30- for- 30 ( or was it A Football Life ? ) about the feud between Al Davis and Marcus Allen was really amazing to learn about
Maybe Mack is Mark's Marcus and the Apple didn't fall from the Tree...

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I remember when it was all Mack's waiting on Donald.... Donald's waiting in Mack to set the market. Don't worry! No big deal!

Here we are basically 10 days before the season, neither deal is done, neither end in sight really. Talks of Trades!

Good ole' days!

Difference being Rams and Donald are actually talking to each other daily.  Raiders and Gruden meanwhile haven’t apparently had meaningful dialogue in months!  

One relationship needs a marriage counselor to get them back on track, the other already has the divorce lawyers working away for each side.   O.o

52 minutes ago, brownie man said:

thats too much 

First and 2nd TOPS

and the 2nd would have to be the following year 

LOL. He aint getting traded for just a first and a second. The team will be a good one. Two late first round picks aren't that impactful compared to an all pro in his prime. If they were top 10, obviously. But they won't be.

The Raiders are not trading Mack. All this click bait has gone to everyones heads. Gruden said he took this job because of Carr and Mack, mentioning them by name. Mack is playing on his 5th year option. The team has the leverage in this situation (similar to Donald in LA). Everything will work out in due time. It's the same formula as Donald and others. Player outplays his rookie contract, but is locked into a 5ht year option. Agent holds them out, but in the end, they report when game checks are on the line. Mack is due 13.8 million for this season. 

It's funny, because Donald is holding out for a second season. Thomas is holding out in Seattle. Little mention, trade rumors, etc. involved around them. But MACK..... it's all the headlines. Why? Because the pitchfork crowd want to see Gruden fail. They want drama with the Raiders and to point at Gruden and say "he's ruining the team". That's it..... this is all clickbait and everyone is taking it.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LOL. He aint getting traded for just a first and a second. The team will be a good one. Two late first round picks aren't that impactful compared to an all pro in his prime. If they were top 10, obviously. But they won't be.

But if he's not going to be re-signed, the comp will be worse. So while in a vacuum i agree he's worth that much, that's not necessarily the situation at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Even if someone came with an offer for two firsts I wouldn't track Mack. 

Agreed. It'd have to be two Top 3 1sts. Bears or Jets. They wouldn't do that but it's the only two firsts I'd consider. Mack is a once in a lifetime HoF caliber player. Over 50^ of 1st Round Picks are busts. 

Archived