PFF's QB rankings for every team entering the 2018 season

TecmoSuperJoe

Second source that I've seen with this type of information in the last two days, so that's fun. I'm fine with Mariota's ranking. Coming off of a bad statistical year, probably not realistic to expect any higher.

On 8/7/2018 at 11:09 PM, footbull3196 said:

I cannot possibly understand how Matt Ryan and his 20 TDs to 12 INTs is possibly top 3, especially given that the defense carried them down the stretch 

Because only 3 or 4 of those int's were actually on matt ryan.  Im not the only falcon an that will back this up either but 7 or 8 int's literally hit players right in the hands and were either bobbled in front of them or went right through their hands or had some act of god happen where the ball hit them in the hands bounced off and landed on a CB's butt only for another person to pick it up for the int. 

Same for TD's Ryan had atleast 4 or 5 TD's hit peoples hands and go right through them Julio had 2 that i can think of right off the top.    The ridiculous bad luck ryan ran into last year was just not normal which also gives me hope that Sark with another year and hopefully normal plays that get made happen turns this offense back around closer to what their talent level is.    Also Ryan's  pass catching group was once again the most dropped passes of any team in the league at 30. 

Im not saying Ryan is the most elite QB in the league but playing under a new Coordinator and having all that go wrong for you is not gonna be the norm and i expect him to be closer to say 28 to 30 TD's  and 5 to 8 int's  and a solid top 5 QB.  Now thats also not to say ryan doesn't have the capability to put up another MVP season either. 

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Second source that I've seen with this type of information in the last two days, so that's fun. I'm fine with Mariota's ranking. Coming off of a bad statistical year, probably not realistic to expect any higher.

He also had a miniscule TD%.

He was a game manager with bad luck to make his mediocre numbers look worse than mediocre.

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Because only 3 or 4 of those int's were actually on matt ryan.  Im not the only falcon an that will back this up either but 7 or 8 int's literally hit players right in the hands and were either bobbled in front of them or went right through their hands or had some act of god happen where the ball hit them in the hands bounced off and landed on a CB's butt only for another person to pick it up for the int. 

Same for TD's Ryan had atleast 4 or 5 TD's hit peoples hands and go right through them Julio had 2 that i can think of right off the top.    The ridiculous bad luck ryan ran into last year was just not normal which also gives me hope that Sark with another year and hopefully normal plays that get made happen turns this offense back around closer to what their talent level is.    Also Ryan's  pass catching group was once again the most dropped passes of any team in the league at 30. 

Im not saying Ryan is the most elite QB in the league but playing under a new Coordinator and having all that go wrong for you is not gonna be the norm and i expect him to be closer to say 28 to 30 TD's  and 5 to 8 int's  and a solid top 5 QB.  Now thats also not to say ryan doesn't have the capability to put up another MVP season either. 

Pick thicc

On 8/7/2018 at 10:20 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Lol, "We had Case Keenum ranked 8th best QB last year--but this season we have him ranked 29th behind Ryan Tannehill, Blake Bortles and Sam Bradford."

I noticed that too.  Andrew Luck hasnt thrown a football in 2 years, hes top 10.  Jimmy G has 5 starts, hes #11.  Case Keenum had an MVP year, but we dont have enough of a sample size so hes 29th.  Lol.

11 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I noticed that too.  Andrew Luck hasnt thrown a football in 2 years, hes top 10.  Jimmy G has 5 starts, hes #11.  Case Keenum had an MVP year, but we dont have enough of a sample size so hes 29th.  Lol.

Yea but apparently Jimmy Gs 5 games played is by far enough data to say hes the 11th best QB in the NFL.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:16 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah Ryan’s stats did not at all reflect his play in 2017. Not to say he was on the same level as 2016; the entire offense, somewhat predictably took a step back. Per FO, he had 5 INTs that came off receivers hands. Factor in 2 dropped INTs, and his adjusted INT rate of 1.6% was 2nd best in league among passers with 300 attempts.

Also had terrible deep ball luck, again, per FO. From their deep ball project:

Surprises like Matt Ryan and DeShone Kizer are at the top. Ryan lacked the stellar stats of his MVP year in 2016, but that's because the departure of Kyle Shanahan produced far fewer open windows and he had 18 accurate incompletions (accurate passes that the receiver failed to catch). The crazy thing is that Julio Jones had 12 of those 18 accurate incompletions. You don't expect a top receiver to let down his quarterback that many times.

I think Ryan has firmly entrenched himself in that group behind Brady and Rodgers with his play over the years. When things are firing off on all cylinders, he can produce like the best of the best (as is the case for any of the QBs I’d group him with, such as Ben, Brees now, Wilson, among a few others).

On 8/9/2018 at 12:16 AM, FalconFan13 said:

His O wasn't doing him favors last year.

Same thing happened for Carr last year so I sympathize more than most.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

His O wasn't doing him favors last year.

Same thing happened for Carr last year so I sympathize more than most.

Dude Carr is my guy going forward of all the young guns in the league.  I love him as a QB and think he will be a stud for the next 10 to 15 years.  He almost took the MVP from Ryan in 2016 he was that damn good and i plan on seeing him in that next top 5 group for the next decade plus every year after  Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Ryan start getting older and tailing off or retire.

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah Ryan’s stats did not at all reflect his play in 2017. Not to say he was on the same level as 2016; the entire offense, somewhat predictably took a step back. Per FO, he had 5 INTs that came off receivers hands. Factor in 2 dropped INTs, and his adjusted INT rate of 1.6% was 2nd best in league among passers with 300 attempts.

Also had terrible deep ball luck, again, per FO. From their deep ball project:

Surprises like Matt Ryan and DeShone Kizer are at the top. Ryan lacked the stellar stats of his MVP year in 2016, but that's because the departure of Kyle Shanahan produced far fewer open windows and he had 18 accurate incompletions (accurate passes that the receiver failed to catch). The crazy thing is that Julio Jones had 12 of those 18 accurate incompletions. You don't expect a top receiver to let down his quarterback that many times.

I think Ryan has firmly entrenched himself in that group behind Brady and Rodgers with his play over the years. When things are firing off on all cylinders, he can produce like the best of the best (as is the case for any of the QBs I’d group him with, such as Ben, Brees now, Wilson, among a few others).

Aye my guy coming through with the facts and the info to back me up.  Good looking out fam i appreciate it and im right there with you on the bolded part.   He is in that tier 2 group that border on the elite i group him with Ben, Wilson, and when he's on Rivers.   All 4 of them can play elite level on any given year and be MVP caliber while taking their team to the SB if it goes well.   The only 3 guys i consider elite pretty much guaranteed now are  Brady, Rodgers and Brees who i keep on tier 1 always but i do expect  Brady and Brees to start hitting that wall sooner or later to drop them down some with Ryan and Wilson taking their places after they retire or fall off because of age.  Then you got the young guys in Carr, Wentz etc... who will be taking over Ryan and Wilson's spot in that next tier 2 group of up and comers until they start falling off because of age.

Archived