Broncos sign former star Tennessee LB A.J. Johnson, acquitted of rape

RaidersAreOne

As a Vol fan, not sure about his fit in today's NFL. He's absolutely incredible against the run but I'd never ask him to do much of anything in coverage, and the way the NFL is now adays you really want your ILBs to be able to cover. People like Avery Williamson have made a career for themselves without being good against the pass, but I'd say Johnson is worse than him when it comes to coverage.

Hope it works out for him though.

Great of the Broncos to do this and I hope he makes good on his opportunity he should've gotten years ago.

**On a side note, whoever falsely accused him should be in a prison cell instead of him, but I think by now, we all know how this sort of thing usually turns out.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Hope that woman rots in jail... Ruined the guys life. Got him suspended in college and put him 4 years behind in making money for himself. Luckily she didn't ruin it worse... 

On 8/15/2018 at 7:27 PM, KManX89 said:

Great of the Broncos to do this and I hope he makes good on his opportunity he should've gotten years ago.

**On a side note, whoever falsely accused him should be in a prison cell instead of him, but I think by now, we all know how this sort of thing usually turns out.

Im pretty sure she will be counter sued in civil court so I think he will get at least some earnings if not a lot back. 

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Hope that woman rots in jail... Ruined the guys life. Got him suspended in college and put him 4 years behind in making money for himself. Luckily she didn't ruin it worse... 

Yeah it is awful. No way she will be able to pay him back the millions he could of earned  as a drafted player.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:55 AM, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah it is awful. No way she will be able to pay him back the millions he could of earned  as a drafted player.

Maybe not but she may be sending him a monthly check for the rest of her life. That's a pretty brutal punishment.

Archived