Most dominant 2 year stretch in NFL history?

Bolts223

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Depends on what you call dominant. In terms of accomplishments it's hard to top that Dolphins team. 

I guess it would be a combination of impressiveness and how good those teams were.

The Dolphins two season run included an undefeated season.

The Patriots two season run included a 21-game win streak and one of the most impressive postseasons ever.

The Cowboys two season run was in an incredibly loaded NFC.

16 hours ago, ShupacTakur said:

Didn't the '88 and '89 49ers both go 14-2?

Also, the 85-86 Bears was an incredible two year stretch, even though only the '85 team won it all. 

Edit: Never mind. '88 Niners went 10-6. I was thinking of '89 and '90. 

The 1984 to 86 Bears were among the most dominant. Over emphasis on D without protecting the QB lead to only one SB.

03-04 Patriots set the record for most consecutive wins. Went through the league MVP in both post seasons, went through a record breaking offense and a 15-1 defensive juggernaut in 2004 to beat the class of the NFC in the early 2000’s and played in one of the most electric Super Bowls ever in 2003. Also the 04 team was probably the strongest Super Bowl winning team of the 2000’s

On 8/20/2018 at 7:07 PM, Bolts223 said:

For me it would be between:

72/73 Dolphins

No team has ever dominated the NFL like Miami did in '72-'73. The Perfect Season of '72 still boggles the mind. Coming off their '71 season where they won a playoff game for the first time in their short expansion history, including the longest game in NFL history during the playoff win over the Chiefs, and the Super Bowl loss to Dallas where everything went wrong (young Mercury Morris had the best quote about the starry-eyed Dolphins being overwhelmed by the '71 Super Bowl hoopla and pressure: "Hey look, we're in the Super Bowl...hey look, we're getting our ***** kicked in the Super Bowl.") Might've been four Super Bowls in a row if not for the Sea of Hands miracle win for the Raiders...

Archived