Frederick out indefinitely

WizardHawk

34 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Putting football aside here. Wishing Travis the best of luck in his recovery. By all accounts he's a great person, so it sucks to see this happen to him.

Per my Dr. Buddy, if diagnosed early, which assume it was,  most people recover in a number of months.   He thinks he'll be out this year for sure, since nerve regeneration takes months.  Then you add on lost weight and muscle/strength lost during that period.  It's usually occurs from a reaction to a virus. 

Hope everything goes best as it can, because it can be debilitating. 

Frederick is my favourite player so I am bummed.  I wish him well in his recovery.  As far as the Cowboys are concerned, we know all too well how they handle injuries to key players. They don't.  Fredericks recovery is most important not the Cowboys record.

Feal real bad for Fredrick. Catching it early helps but am depressed for him as the symptoms will worsen even with treatment before he starts to recover it seems.  Though odds are good he will recover So yes on a less important note I expect him out at least one year. But yes I guess if we and he is fortunate the symptoms will not worsen amd treatment will contain the symptoms enough to allow him to play this season. Still

Okay, so the season hasn't even started and here is what we have:

1. 3/5 th's of our O line in question, Martin's knee, Fredricks shoulder and Smith's back. Just for the record, I predicted this.

2. A QB with accuracy issues and no true no. 1 WR or TE.

3. A DE we are all excited about but keeping our fingers crossed that he doesn't toke up again.

4. A safety issue and pipe dream that We will acquire E Thomas.

5. A kicker who went from being near perfect to not being able to hit the side of a barn.

I have to say, I'm less than stoked.

14 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Okay, so the season hasn't even started and here is what we have:

1. 3/5 th's of our O line in question, Martin's knee, Fredricks shoulder and Smith's back. Just for the record, I predicted this.

2. A QB with accuracy issues and no true no. 1 WR or TE.

3. A DE we are all excited about but keeping our fingers crossed that he doesn't toke up again.

4. A safety issue and pipe dream that We will acquire E Thomas.

5. A kicker who went from being near perfect to not being able to hit the side of a barn.

I have to say, I'm less than stoked.

For the record, we also have:

1. Massive upgrades at our two perimeter CB spots from Week 1 last year

2. Massive upgrades at WR and DB coach

3. Better depth at LB and OT

4. Our MLB and RT (alleged Top 10-15 talents) going into their second years starting at those positions

5. More team speed on offense

6. A focused and not suspended All-Pro RB

59 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

If it is career ending, I wonder if Zack Martin makes a switch to center, Collins to LG, and they make a big trade for a T?

Well I sure as hell hope they don't. No reason to add flames to the fire. Just replace your center. No reason to replace your center with your guard, then have to replace your guard with your tackle, then have to replace your tackle. 

Also when it comes to pass protection, the tackles are the most important. That's why they get paid the most. Tyron missed a game last year and the world fell apart. Martin missed one and we barely missed him. 

Since Collins is playing well at RT, we should leave him there. Martin is an all pro guard. Leave him there. Looney was playing well in camp. He's your center this year. Big step down but that's what we got.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Well I sure as hell hope they don't. No reason to add flames to the fire. Just replace your center. No reason to replace your center with your guard, then have to replace your guard with your tackle, then have to replace your tackle. 

Also when it comes to pass protection, the tackles are the most important. That's why they get paid the most. Tyron missed a game last year and the world fell apart. Martin missed one and we barely missed him. 

Since Collins is playing well at RT, we should leave him there. Martin is an all pro guard. Leave him there. Looney was playing well in camp. He's your center this year. Big step down but that's what we got.

Agreed. And the fact that we dont know if Martin will be as good at center as he is at guard. 

Roll with your other pro bowl players and look at finding a quality center to fill the gap.

I personally dont like the idea moving 2 people to replace 1.

"Fortunately for Looney, familiarity is on his side. He has spent much of the last two years at Frederick’s side, and he has gotten a lot of reps over the course of training camp and the preseason. Looney started at center in last week’s game against Cincinnati and handled himself admirably, by all accounts.

“I sit next to Travis in meetings, so we would pick each others minds on ‘What calls are you going to make here?’ So we’ll all be on the same page, just in case if something happens,” Looney said. “Like I said, we’ve prepared for this, and I’m ready to take it on."

On 8/23/2018 at 10:03 AM, Tyronnosaurus said:

If it is career ending, I wonder if Zack Martin makes a switch to center, Collins to LG, and they make a big trade for a T?

Conner Williams can play tackle, get a G to fill in 

Archived