Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

They’re going to take Chase and have that offense insanely loaded.

They’re gonna get Chase after trading down 😔

I’m becoming obsessed with the idea of the Niners drafting Trey Lance. I don’t love his chances of succeeding in many places, but Kyle Shanahan could figure it out in a big way. 

• Like 1

Just started watching the Buffalo/Steelers game.  Saw the last Buffalo drive and then the Big Ben INT.

Is Claypool hurt?  If he isn’t why is Samuels playing out wide on 3 consecutive plays and then Big Ben decides to throw a jump ball to James Washington.

If Claypool isn’t hurt this is another example of Pittsburgh over coaching and getting cute, even when they’re down 2 scores.....get your best players and talent on the field.  It’s really not that complicated.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:54 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I thought that the Steelers should have drafted Akers in Round 2 (my second-favorite team). He was compared to Kareem Hunt by some draft prognosticators. I thought that Claypool wasn't that great (I was dead wrong. He is ROY).

Not to slander a Canadian, and Claypool’s been wonderful, but Justin Jefferson is OROY in a landslide.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2020 at 11:38 PM, Broncofan said:

To be fair, with rookies they had no OTA's, a shortened TC, and no preseason games.   And with RB's, they have to show the ability to protect the QB.  All of those could have been legit reasons why Akers didn't get much run early.   We're seeing the same thing with Jonathan Taylor in IND - we're about to see a big explosion IMO in in the last quarter where ppl will wonder how Jordan Wilkins was getting similar or more snaps than J-Taylor.  And the thing is, both Akers & Taylor are looking much better now than they did early on.   Catching up to NFL speed is a beautiful thing to see when it happens.   I was a big fan of going after Akers in early Rd3 (which was a pipe dream when we signed MG3, and made moot when LAR popped him mid-Rd2).   At least McVay sees that Akers is the guy - no timesharing now.   It will be interesting to see if Reich & IND follow suit with Taylor. 

But yeah, the focus on "established vets" when there's a clear talent difference is pretty mind-boggling.  

Guess Reich & co. got the memo in the 2H - in the 1H, he got 10 touches in the 1st drive - then sat out about half the drives, and got 2 touches rest of 1H.   Someone must have knocked some sense into Reich & Rathman at halftime.   What a monster.   IND is vulnerable with Rivers as their QB, but if they decide to ride Taylor, that's a very dangerous team.  They're actually bets equipped to handle KC from all the AFC teams - but much like TEN last year, they have to play as a frontrunner.

FWIW, Hebert's like a -175 favorite to win ROY.   QB premium & all that.

Re: Claypool, it's simple - Big Ben can't throw it downfield right now.   In the BUF game, his OL literally fell apart - starting C and LT went down IIRC.   But there's a bigger issue with Ben, his deep ball has really faded the last 3-4 weeks.    FWIW, Claypool's a great story, but he's going to finish 3rd-4th in ROY rankings behind Jefferson & Herbert, and UDFA James Robinson may in fact pass Claypool too.  Highest UDFA rookie RB season ever. 

• Like 1