Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Gotta say that the Philly situation is interesting.  If the Eagles cannot part with Wentz because of his contract, then Hurst looked really good. 

Kevin Clark said he’s been surprised to hear NFL FOs aren’t sold on Wentz being a broken QB. Given how much success he had early on w/ Frank Reich they see lingering potential and believe the right situation could help.

It made me wonder if IND could be a potential landing spot if the Rivers experiment doesn’t work out in the playoffs?

Edited by bMiller031

7 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

So we lose draft position because we had the harder schedule? 

Never been something I’ve agreed with. ‘Here’s something that made it harder for you to make the playoffs. Now we’ll also use it to make it harder to draft a good player.’ I understand why they do it, but I think it’s stupid.

2 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Kevin Clark said he’s been surprised to hear NFL FOs aren’t sold on Wentz being a broken QB. Given how much success he had early on w/ Frank Reich they see lingering potential and believe the right situation could help.

It made me wonder if IND could be a potential landing spot if the Rivers experiment doesn’t work out in the playoffs?

I'd be fine with the Broncos making a move for Wentz.  I am not sure what broke him.  And I have never been a "change of scenery" guy, but I think in this case it's absolutely the case that Wentz needs just that.  Philly is tough, that market a lone can break a man.  I think Denver being what a six hour drive to his hometown could do him some wonders.  I think Denver is more his element.  

14 hours ago, germ-x said:

Big Ben over the last 3 weeks has absolutely fallen off the age cliff.  Absolutely terrible. 

We could conceivably see PIT go 11-0....and lose their last 5 games (IND, CLE).   Last time an 11-0 team lost 3 straight games was 1969.   If PIT loses out, CLE sneaks in for the 3 seed and division crown.   Totally wild. 

If PIT falters in Week 1 playoffs - it will be rightfully laid on Big Ben.   Losing key guys has hurt their near-elite D, but this is all on Ben - he cannot throw the ball more than 15+ yards downfield with any feel or accuracy right now.   He's basically killed the O (and really killed Claypool).  The crazy part is that PIT has 44M of dead cap money with Ben - so they can't even cut him outright, they'd have to do it as a post-June 1 cut (which teams can do for 1 player), to make it a 22M cut with no extra hit for 2021, and 22M for 2022.   When the cliff comes, it comes hard for these guys.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Never been something I’ve agreed with. ‘Here’s something that made it harder for you to make the playoffs. Now we’ll also use it to make it harder to draft a good player.’ I understand why they do it, but I think it’s stupid.

Should be determined by net points instead (ie lowest number gets the higher pick). We have the third worst net points at -119 btw behind the Jets and Jags

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

Should be determined by net points instead (ie lowest number gets the higher pick). We have the third worst net points at -119 btw behind the Jets and Jags

I’d rather it go the other way and have the first tiebreaker go to who’s got the better point differential. Reward teams for playing close games (less chance they’ve been tanking) or for winning a blowout or two. 

53 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Imagine Jeudy in PFM’s 2013 offense. That footwork combined with Manning’s timing and accuracy? Yiiiikes

I was thinking about (a variation of) this the other day. I preferred Jeudy over CeeDee Lamb in the draft because of his route-running. Lamb’s more of a backyard baller. I wonder how much better Lock’s style would jive with Lamb’s.