Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Why does Shanahan not have Mostert in the game?  He’s the best blocker/receiver/runner on the team.....makes no sense. 

Tomlin with the 3rd/4th down calls today their 2nd last drive.  

Shanny with the Mostert usage.

Sometimes even good coaches are just too cute for their own good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Tomlin with the 3rd/4th down calls today their 2nd last drive.  

Shanny with the Mostert usage.

Sometimes even good coaches are just too cute for their own good.

Agreed.  The Steelers threw the ball 53x and targeted Claypool who is the biggest play threat on their roster 3x......makes no sense.

• Like 1

I'll never get females lol this girl who I see twice a month talks my ear off and stares at me like a veggie straw, even offered to kidnap me from work to go to the beach.

She comes into my people I may know so I'm elated friend request her Friday and slide into her dms nothing didn't even read it🤣

It blows my mind with some of these NFL coaches and I get there is a learning curve for rookies......but Cam Akers should’ve been the lead back without any competition for the Rams all year.  He was hurt early, but at the end of the day get your most talented players the football and have them in the damn game.  

I go back to the Steelers Monday.  How do you throw the ball 53x and only target the guy with 10+ TDs who is 6’4” 240 with 4.4 flat speed and a 40+ inch vertical 3x?  That’s just pathetic coaching all the way around.  

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

It blows my mind with some of these NFL coaches and I get there is a learning curve for rookies......but Cam Akers should’ve been the lead back without any competition for the Rams all year.  He was hurt early, but at the end of the day get your most talented players the football and have them in the damn game.  

I go back to the Steelers Monday.  How do you throw the ball 53x and only target the guy with 10+ TDs who is 6’4” 240 with 4.4 flat speed and a 40+ inch vertical 3x?  That’s just pathetic coaching all the way around.  

To be fair, with rookies they had no OTA's, a shortened TC, and no preseason games.   And with RB's, they have to show the ability to protect the QB.  All of those could have been legit reasons why Akers didn't get much run early.   We're seeing the same thing with Jonathan Taylor in IND - we're about to see a big explosion IMO in in the last quarter where ppl will wonder how Jordan Wilkins was getting similar or more snaps than J-Taylor.  And the thing is, both Akers & Taylor are looking much better now than they did early on.   Catching up to NFL speed is a beautiful thing to see when it happens.   I was a big fan of going after Akers in early Rd3 (which was a pipe dream when we signed MG3, and made moot when LAR popped him mid-Rd2).   At least McVay sees that Akers is the guy - no timesharing now.   It will be interesting to see if Reich & IND follow suit with Taylor. 

But yeah, the focus on "established vets" when there's a clear talent difference is pretty mind-boggling.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, with rookies they had no OTA's, a shortened TC, and no preseason games.   And with RB's, they have to show the ability to protect the QB.  All of those could have been legit reasons why Akers didn't get much run early.   We're seeing the same thing with Jonathan Taylor in IND - we're about to see a big explosion IMO in in the last quarter where ppl will wonder how Jordan Wilkins was getting similar or more snaps than J-Taylor.  And the thing is, both Akers & Taylor are looking much better now than they did early on.   Catching up to NFL speed is a beautiful thing to see when it happens.   I was a big fan of going after Akers in early Rd3 (which was a pipe dream when we signed MG3, and made moot when LAR popped him mid-Rd2).   At least McVay sees that Akers is the guy - no timesharing now.   It will be interesting to see if Reich & IND follow suit with Taylor. 

But yeah, the focus on "established vets" when there's a clear talent difference is pretty mind-boggling.  

Chemistry is everything in that Offense, too. So much motion, play action, etc - hard for a rookie to get the grips of that.

He looked awesome against the Patriots. There was one fake inside cut I saw on an outside zone run that was just so good. Juked the Patriots DE out of his boots.

Yeah, there is a learning curve for sure.  Not even just McVay with Akers, but a lot of these coaches I feel get overly cute with player usage in this era.

Last week Shanahan did it with Mostert.  A case could be made that Ronald Jones is the best offensive player in TB and Arians will have random games where he can’t even find him 10 touches and it’s those games they typically lose.

I also understand certain situations aren't great fits for the player.  For example, Jones isn’t very good coming out of the backfield.  Even then at the end of the day I want my most talented players on the field as much as possible, especially inside the 20.  

Edited by germ-x

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I was a big fan of going after Akers in early Rd3 (which was a pipe dream when we signed MG3, and made moot when LAR popped him mid-Rd2).   At least McVay sees that Akers is the guy - no timesharing now. 

I thought that the Steelers should have drafted Akers in Round 2 (my second-favorite team). He was compared to Kareem Hunt by some draft prognosticators. I thought that Claypool wasn't that great (I was dead wrong. He is ROY).