Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

30 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

And the thing about Arnette was how LV reached for him significantly in the draft. Like, the talent level wasn’t a first round grade, so you had to assume that Gruden was blown away by the character/interviews. Mega yikes.

Pretty crazy to have both of your #1's from the 2020 draft out of the league within a week of each other.

• Like 1

I am not a coach, nor am I good decision maker. But if I were a coach, I'd know what my game plan would be each week.

What we know: The Broncos can be part of the playoff conversation if they commit to playing offense with quarterback Teddy Bridgewater under center about half the time and keep the run game relevant. If they don't, they could be picking in the top 10 in 2022. They're 5-0 in games when Bridgewater has spent 50% of his time under center but 0-4 when they have leaned on personnel groupings with him in the shotgun more than 70% of the time. They do everything better, including throw the ball down the field, when play-action is on the table.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That was a college football game tonight, the NFL should be ashamed. Total disaster in all facets, that was not professional play, professional coaching, professional officiating. The broadcast was pisspoor as well, even by Fox standards.

Zooming out the NFL has a recurring quality of play issue on TNF.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

The 49ers game was my brand of football.  

Yeah that was good to see. 

The question is, however, did the Niners just play the Broncos to the Rams' Cowboys, or has Kyle figured something out and the team has turned the corner? Last night could be an anomaly just like our win was in Dallas or it could reshape the Niners' season. 

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah that was good to see. 

The question is, however, did the Niners just play the Broncos to the Rams' Cowboys, or has Kyle figured something out and the team has turned the corner? Last night could be an anomaly just like our win was in Dallas or it could reshape the Niners' season. 

This is true. However, I assume Kyle likes that brand of football too, so hopefully he sticks with trying to get 40 running attempts in.  Did you see how good Jimmy G looked when he didn't have to throw?