Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

9 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Now I am imagining trying to box out menelik and feeling inadequate. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in a locker room for a year for the sole purpose of hearing about all the nagging injuries people are dealing with. When I am feeling a little off I get torched in pick up. I can only imagine what would happen if I was playing world class athletes.

Nobody knows, or can even relate, to the pain these guys must be in at the end of a season. Especially those trench guys. I don't care what you do for a living; it ain't that.

As I get older, I am starting to cringe more on those run plays where it gets crowded inside and bodies start rolling up on each other. These guys are constantly seconds away from life changing pain, and I can't imagine what they must think when BrOnCO_FANATIC202123292139 gives them crap on twitter about being soft.

• Like 2

If anyone ever doubts that Cutler didn’t play with heart - this is as good of a glimpse into his life mindset as we’ll ever get:

Such a talented arm and toolset but not giving a **** really defined Cutler.   Good for him that he’s happy now but likely this held him back more than anything else in his career.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If anyone ever doubts that Cutler didn’t play with heart - this is as good of a glimpse into his life mindset as we’ll ever get:

Such a talented arm and toolset but not giving a **** really defined Cutler.   Good for him that he’s happy now but likely this held him back more than anything else in his career.  

I love it...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

McDaniels got very little right, but he had Cutler figured out.

Shame he thought Kyle Orton and Alphonso Smith (!!!) was fair compensation.

To be fair, the trade itself, getting Orton and two firsts, wasn’t a bad deal.

The issue is that he then turned those picks into busts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That’s a meme from last spring (March April time frame) I can’t find any evidence that says he actually said any of those things, or has ever referred to himself as smokin jay (the name of the meme)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

That’s a meme from last spring (March April time frame) I can’t find any evidence that says he actually said any of those things, or has ever referred to himself as smokin jay (the name of the meme)

Damn the internet got me this time lol.  

• Like 1

Anyone else listen to Brandon Marshalls (the WR) podcast? A couple days ago (on the shady McCoy episode) DJ Williams was talking about playing under josh mcdaniels. 

“that was the most prepared I’ve ever been in my life. I knew what my job was on every play. I knew if they lined up like this, if I sprinted to the hash mark I’d have an interception”

of course it was followed with “then his boy gets caught filming the 49ers practice cuz we were sharing a stadium. All of a sudden we losing. They don’t have me prepared no more. CUZ WE WAS CHEATING!”

it’s a great podcast overall. Highly recommend it. Those guys are funny as hell and you occasionally get some insights. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Anyone else listen to Brandon Marshalls (the WR) podcast? A couple days ago (on the shady McCoy episode) DJ Williams was talking about playing under josh mcdaniels. 

“that was the most prepared I’ve ever been in my life. I knew what my job was on every play. I knew if they lined up like this, if I sprinted to the hash mark I’d have an interception”

of course it was followed with “then his boy gets caught filming the 49ers practice cuz we were sharing a stadium. All of a sudden we losing. They don’t have me prepared no more. CUZ WE WAS CHEATING!”

it’s a great podcast overall. Highly recommend it. Those guys are funny as hell and you occasionally get some insights. 

That timeline is all messed up though. McDaniels got busted for cheating in London, midway through his 2nd season, a calendar year after the 6-0 start. 

• Like 2