What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Anyone ever play Command and Conquer: Red Alert?

That game single-handedly screwed up my understanding of WWII starting as a child, continuing until i was probably 20 or so. 

I'm on top of it now (thanks to some good non-fiction and historical fiction books), but if you had asked me in High School who was the Allied enemy in WWII i probably would have replied Soviet Russia.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Everyone can do what they want, but personally it weirds me out when someone was old enough to be having a beer at their spouse's birth.

Its not like he went down to the hospital and picked her out after his beer.

She's 34 lol. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

my wifes car got totalled last night, other driver at fault.

when i totalled my car in 2013 the other driver's (at fault driver)  insurance offered me quite a bit more than what I thought my car was worth. I then talked them up just a little bit more and took the money and ran. 

I get the feeling I won't be that lucky again. any people have any luck when they're dealing with this? Other than new tires we just put on it, what types of things can we talk about to get better compensation? 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

when i totalled my car in 2013 the other driver's (at fault driver)  insurance offered me quite a bit more than what I thought my car was worth. I then talked them up just a little bit more and took the money and ran. 

I get the feeling I won't be that lucky again. any people have any luck when they're dealing with this? Other than new tires we just put on it, what types of things can we talk about to get better compensation? 

I would look into at what level of condition they are pricing the car. The KBB values, which I'm guessing they use to some extent, have varying levels of condition last I checked and can have a significant effect on the value of the car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

I would look into at what level of condition they are pricing the car. The KBB values, which I'm guessing they use to some extent, have varying levels of condition last I checked and can have a significant effect on the value of the car.

They probably use their own tool that they'll claim is more accurate.  At least that's what the dealers do.  Insurance companies do the same things for homes.  They have tools to estimate home values, and don't use MLS sales.

@Dome probably the biggest factor you could use was the prior condition of the car.  If it was rust free, body in good shape, etc, it's worth more than a rusted out junk bucket with the same amount of miles.

Also, i had the same experience you did the one time this happened to me.  They were a lot higher than KBB.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Heimdallr said:

Everyone can do what they want, but personally it weirds me out when someone was old enough to be having a beer at their spouse's birth.

Yeah, I agree.  Though I may feel differently once I'm in my 50s.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, Heimdallr said:

I kind of agree, but to a point.

Like I’d a 40 year old chick digs a 65 yo dude, whatever, both are mature adults.

What creeps me out are mid to late 20 and 30 somethings that dig the 18 year olds.  Like, bruh, that’s a child.

21 hours ago, Dome said:

Sentimental value. Your firstborn was conceived on the back seat.

• Like 1