What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Just ran into an ex GF I hadn’t seen since HS. Only girl I’ve ever “seriously” dated other than my wife. 

God damn I dodged such a bullet 

Cause hot girls have egos?

or is it the fact that 80% of former hs female classmates end up obese

Edited by Tyty

9 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

girl i was talking to for like 4 months ghosted outta nowhere. always the girls that tell you way too much stuff to make you sympathize with them that do that **** i find. 

I’ve never understood how this is a thing.

How hard is it to just be like “hey, this ain’t working about, good luck in the future”?

• Like 1

The in-laws are finally gone, huzzah!

It was really helpful to have them around, they did a ton of laundry, dishes and cleaning, but when they didn't have something to do, they are worse than 10 year olds. And they were here helping for a week almost. I know my wife was even ready for them to be gone. Now it's just wife and baby at home, so we'll see how that goes for her.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Only takes one dude reacting poorly to that to make ghosting seem appealing. Agreed though, crappy thing to do.

I get it, I just think there’s an adult way to go about it.  

If you think they’re going to flip out, do it in a public place or by phone.

Obviously by phone isn’t ideal either, but it’s a much better alternative to ghosting someone.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get it, I just think there’s an adult way to go about it.  

If you think they’re going to flip out, do it in a public place or by phone.

Obviously by phone isn’t ideal either, but it’s a much better alternative to ghosting someone.

Yeah I'm sure there are horror stories out there of people doing it by phone and having some creep show up at their door a few hours later or whatever. I don't get why the creep would be less likely to show up at your door when you're not responding...but whatever.

My stance on this is that it's annoying for sure (and a little bit insulting that someone who's dated you for more than a few weeks would think you're capable of that...), but I get it. Besides, it's just extra material for the "well she obviously wasn't that great*"  post breakup process.

*yes this is obviously censored

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I'm sure there are horror stories out there of people doing it by phone and having some creep show up at their door a few hours later or whatever. I don't get why the creep would be less likely to show up at your door when you're not responding...but whatever.

My stance on this is that it's annoying for sure (and a little bit insulting that someone who's dated you for more than a few weeks would think you're capable of that...), but I get it. Besides, it's just extra material for the "well she obviously wasn't that great*"  post breakup process.

*yes this is obviously censored

I always kinda figured it was because there’s a lot of /r/niceguys interactions that women see throughout their life, so they just try to stay out of those situations.

• Like 2

A guy I work with has ghosted several girls he’s dated. Thought he was a jerkwad even before I found out about this, but it fit his personality perfectly. 

One of them showed up at his work and wanted to talk it out and made a big scene at work. He got in trouble that his personal life carried over into work like that plus his stuff got aired out for everyone to see. 

Another one he just vanished on had her brother get involved and track him down to figure out what the hell was going on, they’d been dating like 6 months. They lived together about half the time, both had their own apartments but each had belongings in the other persons apartment too. Some nights they’d be at his place, sometimes at hers. It was weird. Apparently he, just left for work one day and decided to live with his buddy instead of come back home that night and he never looked back. She threw all his stuff away and he never went back for any of it. He packed up her stuff and gave it to her parents.

I dont see how thats easier than just dumping someone using pretty much any other method. He created a ton of drama for himself 

Edited by Dome

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

I always kinda figured it was because there’s a lot of /r/niceguys interactions that women see throughout their life, so they just try to stay out of those situations.

Yeah that's the horror story side of it. Doesn't take too many of those situations before someone would say "never again". I get that, but I think it can be simultaneously a behavior that you understand and that is annoying.

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I get that, but I think it can be simultaneously a behavior that you understand and that is annoying.

For sure. And then there’s also the people who just don’t care about the feelings of other people and do what seems easiest for themselves. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

whenever a homie tells me this happened to him i assume he got way too needy and clingy. she actually called this morning and explained that she was in a bad mental space and that this is something she goes through around this time of year