What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

A lot of murders are spur of the moment lapses in judgment. And a lot of people aren’t mentally stable enough to care. I don’t know if it would actually change all that much 

This.  The vast majority of the murders I've seen are either A.) a robbery gone bad, B.) an escalating fight between rednecks, or C.) domestic violence.  That's not including things like felony murder where it's practically an accident though.

I think if you legalized assault you'd see a lot of that, but legalizing murder would self correct very quickly, as anyone who exercised that right regularly would get killed themselves pretty quick.

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Well, our house (that we are selling) was appraised for $9,000 less than the agreed upon selling price. I'm not selling it now unless some other $$$$ comes from somewhere. CLASSIC...LOL.

The people BUYING our house and THEIR realtor were begging the appraiser to appraise it for the agreed upon price. They are moving in the next couple of weeks, and while we are planning/were planning on building this summer, we are content to sit on our land and build whenever it's best for us. I really feel bad for the buyers to be honest.

I've heard of this happening more and more lately.

Heard about one situation from my realtor where the appraiser appraised it for $500 less than the sell price.  I mean, seriously?  Those guys have the sell price on the sheet right in front of them, and they're going to mess with people like that?

Also, that sucks because that sort of makes it unsaleable for you.  Unless the buyer can go to a new lender (and thus new appraiser) and try again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

I've heard of this happening more and more lately.

I'm irate. The realtors for the BUYERS literally begged the appraiser for 3 days to change their minds to no avail. They just informed us last night.

Heard about one situation from my realtor where the appraiser appraised it for $500 less than the sell price.  I mean, seriously?  Those guys have the sell price on the sheet right in front of them, and they're going to mess with people like that?

Some of these guys have short man syndrome/way too much authority for their own good. I'd guarantee that they just royally screwed themselves over and will not be used again...word is going to travel. I can understand if they came away with a smaller amount, even maybe $2,000. But $9,000 is EGREGIOUS. When I've had multiple people in lending/real estate agree with me, something is wrong.

Also, that sucks because that sort of makes it unsaleable for you. 

100% yes. I can't take a $10,000 bath on this. I need a down payment for our new home and actually need to, you know, buy appliances and such. I have less than 10 years on my current mortgage and will make up $6,500-$7,500 in the principal making minimum monthly payments over the next year. If I sell for what it's appraised next year just living in my own home for 12 months, I'll almost break even. I'm fully content to do this as there's no rush in building our "dream home". We don't HAVE to sell. We came up with a number and said "we'll sell this year if we get at least ______, otherwise 2020 it is."

Unless the buyer can go to a new lender (and thus new appraiser) and try again?

We told them that we needed $5,000-$6,000 to make up the difference or we can't get it done and that we're sorry/understand if they walk away. I don't care if that's another appraisal, they bring money for closing costs, they buy our washer/dryer for $6,000...but it's a reality and they are going to be "homeless" in two weeks. I REALLY feel bad for the buyers to be honest.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@MWil23 My understanding was the lower appraisal to force the buyers to come up with more cash came about after the housing bubble as another measure to prevent people with no cash on hand from buying houses.

Another fellow fan of "The Big Short" I see! Good work!

Just now, MWil23 said:

It's vaguely referenced, but I believe that this was common practice for Donald Sterling (former Clippers owner?) against minorities.

I couldn't remember if that was a family/friend thing.

Fun fact, the sentence: "This was common practice for Donald Sterling against minorities" could apply to literally anything.

• Like 3

Ahhhh, spring!!!! The birds are singing...the trees are blooming...but most of all:

Phil Mickelson is currently standing behind 17 trees with his golf ball buried in about 3 feet of pine needles, and he's staring at the green with a long iron in his hand, "contemplating" whether or not to go for the green...as if there's any real decision to be made.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ahhhh, spring!!!! The birds are singing...the trees are blooming...but most of all:

Phil Mickelson is currently standing behind 17 trees with his golf ball buried in about 3 feet of pine needles, and he's staring at the green with a long iron in his hand, "contemplating" whether or not to go for the green...as if there's any real decision to be made.

There's 3 days until tax day which makes Phil real sad. Let's take it easy on him.

19 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

The horrible feeling of having to switch from 400/12 cable internet to 120/10 DSL.

I just have to keep telling myself that I won't notice the difference.

You won't.

And actually i've found that with DSL i'm throttled much during the evenings.  Maybe that's not everywhere, but was certainly the case for me.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Well, our house (that we are selling) was appraised for $9,000 less than the agreed upon selling price. I'm not selling it now unless some other $$$$ comes from somewhere. CLASSIC...LOL.

The people BUYING our house and THEIR realtor were begging the appraiser to appraise it for the agreed upon price. They are moving in the next couple of weeks, and while we are planning/were planning on building this summer, we are content to sit on our land and build whenever it's best for us. I really feel bad for the buyers to be honest.

Tell them you will carry financing in second position for 9,000 for 2 years.

It will be interest only payments at 5% for 2 years (roughly $38 per month) and in 2 years they owe you 9k. 

If they sell the house before then, they owe you 9k. 

Problem solved. 

EDIT: actually depending on their loan to value it might even be as little as 5k 

Edited by N4L