What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, pwny said:
14 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:
6 hours ago, MrDrew said:
9 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Had a phone interview today. You're generally supposed to display confidence in your knowledge and ability in those things and instead I did the exact opposite. 

Send them an email thanking them for talking to you, and say that you'd love the chance to come in and tell them more.  

send an email saying "hows the search comnig boys?" 

Send them an email letting them know the reason you were so nervous is because you couldn’t stop thinking how much the interviewer sounded like your first victim.

or tell him you were nervous because you couldn't stop thinking about cute he was 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:
7 minutes ago, pwny said:
17 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:
6 hours ago, MrDrew said:
9 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Had a phone interview today. You're generally supposed to display confidence in your knowledge and ability in those things and instead I did the exact opposite. 

Send them an email thanking them for talking to you, and say that you'd love the chance to come in and tell them more.  

send an email saying "hows the search comnig boys?" 

Send them an email letting them know the reason you were so nervous is because you couldn’t stop thinking how much the interviewer sounded like your first victim.

or tell him you were nervous because you couldn't stop thinking about cute he was 

Nice. “I was sidetracked looking through your Facebook profile while we were on the phone”. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daniel said:
8 hours ago, Tyty said:

So I guess I’ve been awarded child support in my divorce and my ex is sending all these awkward messages about hoping I won’t accept it cause she can’t afford it with her new baby. Feeling uncomfortable about it. Also feel like she might screw me over on custody for it (by not picking up the kids on time intentionally to make me late for work)

Not as a joke, but actual advice: cash that check and don't feel bad.  As a lawyer, I would say there's about a 90% chance she's trying to **** with you.  People getting divorced do the most unbelievably petty things to each other.

100% yes.

Most people don't keep detailed enough budgets to really understand how much money they truly have.  I'm probably not complete wrong by saying that she does a few of the following: goes out to eat occasionally, gets coffee from a coffee shop in the morning, has a car loan, buys lottery tickets, buys crap she only uses once, buys name brand groceries, or has a cable package.

If so, then she has money enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyty said:

So I guess I’ve been awarded child support in my divorce and my ex is sending all these awkward messages about hoping I won’t accept it cause she can’t afford it with her new baby. Feeling uncomfortable about it. Also feel like she might screw me over on custody for it (by not picking up the kids on time intentionally to make me late for work)

It's not for you, it's for the kid. If you feel really bad about it and can support yourself and your kid without it, put the money in a college fund.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not for you, it's for the kid.

Yes and no.  That's the intent, but if i were TyTy i wouldn't drive myself crazy trying to keep track of every dollar and make sure every cent goes to the kid.  Why?

1. Some months expenses will be lower than the child support, some months they'll be higher than the child support
  2. Money is fungible
  3. Children can't really legally "own" that money anyway, to my knowledge

I suppose he could set up some kind of sinking fund or a college fund with the extra each month.  But again, i wouldn't go crazy about it.

What would do is lump it into my normal monthly budget and treat it like every other dollar of my income.  At the same time make sure the child's expenses are taken care of, and college savings would be a kicker if there's enough left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yes and no.  That's the intent, but if i were TyTy i wouldn't drive myself crazy trying to keep track of every dollar and make sure every cent goes to the kid.  Why?

1. Some months expenses will be lower than the child support, some months they'll be higher than the child support
  2. Money is fungible
  3. Children can't really legally "own" that money anyway, to my knowledge

I suppose he could set up some kind of sinking fund or a college fund with the extra each month.  But again, i wouldn't go crazy about it.

What would do is lump it into my normal monthly budget and treat it like every other dollar of my income.  At the same time make sure the child's expenses are taken care of, and college savings would be a kicker if there's enough left.

I think we agree on this. If he can provide for himself and his kid without it, great, set up a college fund with the rest. That'd be a far better use for it than letting the ex-wife spend it on god knows what. If not, basic necessities always come first.

So when I say "it's not for you, it's for the kid", I'm not saying he can't spend any of it on things that would benefit him. I'm saying more that he has an obligation to his kid to use that money appropriately.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think we agree on this. If he can provide for himself and his kid without it, great, set up a college fund with the rest. That'd be a far better use for it than letting the ex-wife spend it on god knows what. If not, basic necessities always come first.

So when I say "it's not for you, it's for the kid", I'm not saying he can't spend any of it on things that would benefit him. I'm saying more that he has an obligation to his kid to use that money appropriately.

Yep, we're in agreement.

@Tyty you have your orders.

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

Her new baby is none of your concern tbh.

If she doesn’t make pick up times, you go back to court.  That kind of stuff isn’t optional.  Use a month or two of the child support to pay the legal fees if needed 😂 

As others have said, if you don’t need the money for your kids, great, put it aside for them for college.

Your ex trying to guilt you for her benefit doesn’t help your kids, tell her to pound sand and do what you need to do.

• Like 2

Might be closing early on our house.

I'm torn because originally it was looking like last day of the month, and i was thinking of hitting up the Avengers movie the same day after closing while the kids were still in school.

If we close early, i have to find a sitter.

If we close early, i have more time to take care of some repairs before we move.

Just now, theJ said:

Might be closing early on our house.

I'm torn because originally it was looking like last day of the month, and i was thinking of hitting up the Avengers movie the same day after closing while the kids were still in school.

If we close early, i have to find a sitter.

If we close early, i have more time to take care of some repairs before we move.

And i could always take a half or full day off work to see the movie.  It's my wife who calls foul about seeing it without her and won't take a day off.