What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I think it's time for me to just avoid the Avengers Endgame thread until I've seen the movie in a few weeks, even now I feel like I'm learning more than I wanted to learn about the movie.

If it makes you feel better, they're probably wrong about all of it lol. 

But I'm going to stop checking it too. Just too much suspense at this point. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 11:01 PM, The LBC said:

Also, I think fate may be trying to tell me to cool it a little at the sports book.  I just got a better rate, when booking my wife and my room for my main fantasy draft live in Vegas in August, on a King Suite in the luxury end of the hotel than they were offering me for a "resort room" in the regular part of the hotel, thanks to my accrued-points-status.

bruh if you can already afford the king room for a destination fantasy draft then seems like youre doin pretty well at the sports book

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

bruh if you can already afford the king room for a destination fantasy draft then seems like youre doin pretty well at the sports book

King Suite at an all-suite hotel (basically it's a glorified 1bd/1.5ba with an attached living room.  Not like the Mac Daddy suite or anything.  Premier League season and last year's football season treated me pretty well at the book though.

Helps that our league commissioner is the financial planner/fiduciary for half of us in the league so he gets a cabana at Mandalay Beach on Saturday and we draft poolside, and then he's able to write it off as a business expense (and he recoups pretty sick points for that himself - dude is seriously one tier below that tippy-top one).

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How do you make money on something as variable as the Premier League? 

Parlays.  And a lot of that is not being afraid to bet for draws too.  I also, typically, steer clear of any kind of emotional betting, so I don't bet on my own team (Arsenal) unless there's a major trend with them worth betting and usually the odds/payout aren't great for those, so I'll usually only bet them as part of a parlay in that instance.

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Parlays.  And a lot of that is not being afraid to bet for draws too.  I also, typically, steer clear of any kind of emotional betting, so I don't bet on my own team (Arsenal) unless there's a major trend with them worth betting and usually the odds/payout aren't great for those, so I'll usually only bet them as part of a parlay in that instance.

Betting for a draw seems somehow more evil than betting the under. I'm surprised that the answer to variable betting would be parlays since it only takes 1 thing going wrong, but hey if it works it works.

I will say for reasons that are totally unrelated to this post, I may or may not end up with the English broadcasts of the Premier League and their betting commercials are insane. Like at half time there's live odds that Aguero scores a brace or something. American sports are not ready for that level of degeneracy.