What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

There is a south park episode on where Puff Daddy goes from being a gay fish to not sure if his wife is hobbit. I am dying of laughter. I have no clue when this initially aired, but its awesome.

If you haven't seen every episode of South Park through at least like season 20, you need to.

7 hours ago, N4L said:
On 9/11/2019 at 6:35 AM, D82 said:

They look like crap. I’m about ready to upgrade and honestly somewhat seriously thinking about switching to Samsung.

Go to the pixel. They are phenomenal. The camera is off the charts. It's not the physical camera that makes it great, it's the software.

I can take pictures in the complete dark and have them look like completely normal photos.

The Google assistant is also terrific. I have the pixel 2 and I will probably get the 4 when it comes out. Apparently it will have the ability to talk to people for you if you put them on hold. Idk what exactly that means but if that's true, wow

I use the assistant now to call people who aren't in my phone. I just tell it 'call X barbershop' and it dials without me doing anything. I don't have that barbershop saved. It's damn useful. Apparently they will have it be able to make appointments with you based on your calendar in the near future. 

It also changes from dead to 100% in like 30 minutes. 

It's really amazing

Everything you just said, the Note 10 can do as well. Most of them even better, though the camera is a tiny bit worse. Plus it can do more. While not looking ugly as sin. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Everything you just said, the Note 10 can do as well. Most of them even better, though the camera is a tiny bit worse. Plus it can do more. While not looking ugly as sin. 

My last Samsung phone wasn't a great experience.  The UI just seemed to slow the whole thing down.  Anyway, I prefer the Pixel 3a, mainly due to the price point.  I can get the things i care about in a phone for half the price.  

I thought you were a Windows phone guy?

1 minute ago, theJ said:

My last Samsung phone wasn't a great experience.  The UI just seemed to slow the whole thing down.  Anyway, I prefer the Pixel 3a, mainly due to the price point.  I can get the things i care about in a phone for half the price.  

I thought you were a Windows phone guy?

They quit making them. Switched back to Android a few years ago. Also Samsung has a brand new UI that is universality praised.

The price point thing I think gets over blown. They give so many deals on Samsuns that no one actually pays stickers. For example if you preordered:

You got a few extra hundred on trade ins

You got $150 in samsung store credit

You got a second note for free

So your $1100 phone really came out to ~$300-$400 per a phone. And if you sold that second phone, you walked away making money. 

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They quit making them. Switched back to Android a few years ago. Also Samsung has a brand new UI that is universality praised.

The price point thing I think gets over blown. They give so many deals on Samsuns that no one actually pays stickers. For example if you preordered:

You got a few extra hundred on trade ins

You got $150 in samsung store credit

You got a second note for free

So your $1100 phone really came out to ~$300-$400 per a phone. And if you sold that second phone, you walked away making money. 

That's great, but what i am going to do with $150 in Samsung credit?  And now i have to sell and ship a phone that i don't want or need.  It's work.  And my time is valuable.

Plus, they offer similar deals on the budget friendly phones.  So they're always cheaper, no matter how you slice it.

Anyway, i'm sure it's a nice phone.  I'm not bagging on it. 

Also, all phones are ugly.  They pretty much all look alike.  They just need to be functional.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

That's great, but what i am going to do with $150 in Samsung credit?  And now i have to sell and ship a phone that i don't want or need.  It's work.  And my time is valuable.

Watch? Headphones? Cases? Chargers/cables? Tablet? 

Swappa makes selling phones super easy. 5 minutes posting it online. And a quick trip to the post office.

Plus, they offer similar deals on the budget friendly phones.  So they're always cheaper, no matter how you slice it.

My point is their prices are a lot closer than people make it. And I made money the time I bought a Note 8, so I disagree they are always cheaper.

Anyway, i'm sure it's a nice phone.  I'm not bagging on it. 

Also, all phones are ugly.  They pretty much all look alike.  They just need to be functional.

The Pixels are extra ugly. Huge forheads on them. And the Pixel 4 has the big arse square on the back.

I know because I did a lot of research into the 4. It was either that or the Note. And the Note is better than the pixel in every way possible aside from a tiny worse camera. But the Camera is still top 3 in the market, so its good enough for me. 

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If you haven't seen every episode of South Park through at least like season 20, you need to.

South Park was cool and all, but my goodness did it groom millions of GenX'rs and Older Millennials into being ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISTS. You know, people so preoccupied with pointing out problems on the fringes of any issue, they don't actually have a core set of values and/or beliefs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, theJ said:

@Matts4313 i would actually consider a Note now.  Previously there was no way.  Phone was just too big.  I see they do a normal size phone now that fits in pockets, so that's good.

Ha, I am the exact opposite. I didnt buy a pixel because they are too small.

Shockingly this Note 10 overall is smaller than the Note 8, even though the screen is 1/2 an inch bigger. 

Just now, animaltested said:

South Park was cool and all, but my goodness did it groom millions of GenX'rs and Older Millennials into being ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISTS. You know, people so preoccupied with pointing out problems on the fringes of any issue, they don't actually have a core set of values and/or beliefs. 

That's a very fair criticism. The giant ****** and turd sandwich episodes are bad examples of that.