What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone explain why Minny is burning to the ground. I gave up on following the news like a month ago.

Without getting political... people are using a worthy and important cause as an excuse to loot and pillage 

I smiled when I saw the police abandon the precinct though, that was cool. The looting and arson is gross.

18 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

People are sick of getting murdered in the streets with no repercussions. Lifetimes of systemic racism. 

Wasn't the cop fired immediately and now arrested?

I don't think I've seen anyone defend the cop

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Wasn't the cop fired immediately and now arrested?

I don't think I've seen anyone defend the cop

People were protesting because he wasn't arrested (until today). This also isn't about a single incident. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

People were protesting because he wasn't arrested (until today). This also isn't about a single incident. 

Protesting is fine.  I don't see how burning the city and stealing tvs help their cause

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't see how burning the city and stealing tvs help their cause

The people looting and burning buildings are a very small minority of the tens of thousands of peaceful protesters, and they are probably just taking advantage of the situation without really caring about George Floyd or the underlying societal issues. 

However, this is why it is so important to study history. Desperate people will do desperate things.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK

"A riot is the language of the unheard." - MLK

Colin Kaepernick tried kneeling, and look how much good that did. Time to try something else. What they are doing isn't right, but it is very understandable. 

I for one would rather live in a burned city with a hope for equality and justice, rather than suffer the current status quo. 

• Like 10