What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

55 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

gonna be an entire subject in history degrees dedicated to the year 2020

As a history student...nah...

They'll find a way to make it more complicated.  By splitting it off into 10 different courses, focused on like, "Pandemics in the 21st century", and "Civil Rights movements in the 21st century".

But when it comes to studying one single French Village in the mid-17th century through the writings of some halfway literate clerk logging who traded which chickens for firewood, and who murdered who on the head with a bronze cup for 6 buttons of unknown stone...it will become a focal point of utterly serious importance.  Where the real history is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

As a history student...nah...

They'll find a way to make it more complicated.  By splitting it off into 10 different courses, focused on like, "Pandemics in the 21st century", and "Civil Rights movements in the 21st century".

But when it comes to studying one single French Village in the mid-17th century through the writings of some halfway literate clerk logging who traded which chickens for firewood, and who murdered who on the head with a bronze cup for 6 buttons of unknown stone...it will become a focal point of utterly serious importance.  Where the real history is.

Social Studies teacher here/former history/political science major here, can confirm.

We had an entire course in college on "Civil War Reconstruction".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I can see why they thought that was a noose tbh

It's also weird, that in checking through all of the 1684 garage stalls at the tracks they race at, they only found 11 rope pulls with knots...and none of them were clearly tied like a noose as that one was.  Indicating, it's clearly not a "normal" way to have a door pull configured in any way, shape, or form.

I think it's pretty clear that at some point, it was tied like a noose on purpose, which is problematic in it's own right i'd say.  Even if the specific intent may not have been exactly what was first suspected in this case.

Amazon bought the rights to the new Arena being built in Seattle for the new NHL team. 

Naming it:

"Climate Pledge Arena"

Instead of calling it Amazon Arena, we’re naming it Climate Pledge Arena as a regular reminder of the urgent need for climate action. It will be the first net zero carbon certified arena in the world, generate zero waste from operations and events, and use reclaimed rainwater in the ice system to create the greenest ice in the NHL.

This is just about the most Seattle thing I can think of. Kinda like it. The NBA is definitely gonna wanna get in on those Bezo's bucks. 

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

It will be the first net zero carbon certified arena in the world, generate zero waste from operations

...ermahgerd, are they letting us bring our own beer mugs to games!? Hell yaaaaaaas, I'm bringing my 128oz Thirst Burster and filling it up!

I'mma get TANKED!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

...ermahgerd, are they letting us bring our own beer mugs to games!? Hell yaaaaaaas, I'm bringing my 128oz Thirst Burster and filling it up!

I'mma get TANKED!!!

Sure; if you can stomach the $37.00 per pint price point for Rainer Beer (the cheap stuff).

Just now, animaltested said:

Sure; if you can stomach the $37.00 per pint price point for Rainer Beer (the cheap stuff).

...$37... pint equals 16 oz...128oz... carry the one...

Oh hell, I don't even like hockey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Amazon bought the rights to the new Arena being built in Seattle for the new NHL team. 

Naming it:

"Climate Pledge Arena"

Instead of calling it Amazon Arena, we’re naming it Climate Pledge Arena as a regular reminder of the urgent need for climate action. It will be the first net zero carbon certified arena in the world, generate zero waste from operations and events, and use reclaimed rainwater in the ice system to create the greenest ice in the NHL.

This is just about the most Seattle thing I can think of. Kinda like it. The NBA is definitely gonna wanna get in on those Bezo's bucks. 

Y'know. I feel like the richest man in the history of the planet could probably do just a wee bit more for climate change than slap a name on a building.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Y'know. I feel like the richest man in the history of the planet could probably do just a wee bit more for climate change than slap a name on a building.

To be fair I heard he’s a stickler about turning the lights off when he leaves a room and keeps the thermostat set at 72 in the summer as to not waste energy in his 22k square foot home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

It's also weird, that in checking through all of the 1684 garage stalls at the tracks they race at, they only found 11 rope pulls with knots...and none of them were clearly tied like a noose as that one was.  Indicating, it's clearly not a "normal" way to have a door pull configured in any way, shape, or form.

I think it's pretty clear that at some point, it was tied like a noose on purpose, which is problematic in it's own right i'd say.  Even if the specific intent may not have been exactly what was first suspected in this case.

I saw a video from 2019 that had a very similar one in it. So I’d say I believe the report, but also given how rare they appear to be, I also completely understand why someone would think that.

However, I saw the one in a tree. I can’t imagine there’s any explanation for that one. And I can’t help but think that the false alarm on the one in the garage is completely covering up that there was quite clearly one in a tree that can’t be explained away. 

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To be fair I heard he’s a stickler about turning the lights off when he leaves a room and keeps the thermostat set at 72 in the summer as to not waste energy in his 22k square foot home.

His yacht(s) all run on clean energy as well. 

• Like 1