What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

@EliteTexan80 OMG... So the highways flood in Houston sometimes? Im watching these crazy videos people in Houston trying to drive through SERIOUSLY flooded highways/streets and its insane lol. 

Exhibit #1 for the insurance company when they decide to NOT honor his claim.  

Applied to the job I most want in my company but I don't have the long term background for it. However, I trained with them when I first started and they pull me in to help them when they are swamped. So, I'm good enough to do it for a month or two at a time but not good enough to be given the job? Everyone that works in that "department" (for lack of a better word) wants me with them but the people in corporate are adamant about having the proper background or certifications. It's like, I've learned all this through the job and everyone that does it directly has faith in me to do it (the boss of the department has been pushing them to hire me for the spot for the last 8 months) so I'm hoping a formal application and potential interview for it can help aide them in seeing it. Not a huge pay bump (a few $$ more an hour) but it's the most interesting job in the company, I'd get to build things and get to work directly with a great team. I was pushed today by 3 people within the department to apply for it because only one other internal applicant has put in for it so far. My odds, without certs or a degree, are probably as good as they'll ever get.

*Fingers crossed*

7 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

i like this kind of stupid crash stuff, were they clearly did something boneheaded. LOLhit your brakes! SO many videos like that, like "where are the brakes!!!?" 

g_Jbml.gif

He's on the brakes. None of his tires are rotating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

the people in corporate are adamant about having the proper background or certifications.

This is basically where I'm at. My line manager is leaving, I'm taking her responsibilities and we're hiring an assistant for me. But because I lack the final qualifications (I've sacrificed studying to instead work my arse off) my boss won't give me her title and my salary will be no more than 2/3rds of hers. If I'm lucky 

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Applied to the job I most want in my company but I don't have the long term background for it. However, I trained with them when I first started and they pull me in to help them when they are swamped. So, I'm good enough to do it for a month or two at a time but not good enough to be given the job? Everyone that works in that "department" (for lack of a better word) wants me with them but the people in corporate are adamant about having the proper background or certifications. It's like, I've learned all this through the job and everyone that does it directly has faith in me to do it (the boss of the department has been pushing them to hire me for the spot for the last 8 months) so I'm hoping a formal application and potential interview for it can help aide them in seeing it. Not a huge pay bump (a few $$ more an hour) but it's the most interesting job in the company, I'd get to build things and get to work directly with a great team. I was pushed today by 3 people within the department to apply for it because only one other internal applicant has put in for it so far. My odds, without certs or a degree, are probably as good as they'll ever get.

*Fingers crossed*

Could you ask corporate to see if they will help pay for whatever certification you need?

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't drink coffee, so I pop an Excedrin for caffeine, but it also works wonders on any headaches I have.

I don't drink coffee either. BC and Excedrin are also my go to's. Soda every few weeks maybe for some caffeine but that's about it.