What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

You guys ever think about videogames like "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band", and how entirely bizarre they are?

Like yes...i'd like to master the skill of pressing the correct one of 4 buttons or whatever, instead of actually learning to play an instrument and make music?  Like...how does that become a cultural craze that sells a billion copies?  It's like an elaborate version of bop-it or boggle or whatever that thing was called.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

the skill of pressing the correct one of 4 buttons or whatever, instead of actually learning to play an instrument and make music?  Like...how does that become a cultural craze that sells a billion copies?

You and your friends can all learn at the same pace, for a low cost and with no instructor, and it has a built in competitive aspect when you pass the controller around and try to beat each other scores 

it shouldn’t really be compared to learning or playing an instrument, it’s much more similar to other video games than it is to learning a new skill 

Edited by Dome

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Time to give an impromptu lesson on Van Halen. 

Today's theme was/is "rock/rap fusion". We played Run DMC and Aerosmith as well as, IMO, the greatest fusion song of all time, Anthraxx and Public Enemy's Bring the Noise.

They didn't get it...I'm at a loss.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I blame DJs and their big dumb mouse ears.

My official poll question of the day is "How many of you know Eddie Van Halen?"

So far, 2 classes in, 3 hands raised.

I'm officially old, grumpy, and depressed.

13 hours ago, D82 said:

Delta shifted west. Who’s up for a hurricane party this weekend?

comedy central drinking GIF by Crave

I think we'll be fine... but stock up nonetheless. If there are any variations to the current path, Warehouse Stores (Sam's, Costco) and liquor stores will be empty with 12-18 hours.

I always keep two "cases" of soup, a few cases of other canned goods (corn, green beans, Chef Boyardee for the kids) four cases of bottled water and plenty of batteries. In addition, I always buy a few bottles of scotch, a few bottles of vodka, and a few cases of beer before a storm. During Harvey, we were basically rained in for three days - no flooding, no power loss, but enough rain to keep us stuck. Eventually, you get bored - so, get drunk.

During Harvey, I'd start drinking around 8am - some Bailey's in my morning coffee. Then, it was beer until lunch, vodka until dinner, scotch until bedtime. It's quite literally the only way I kept my sanity intact.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They wouldn't appreciate him anyway.

Hit me with the old man yells at cloud pic. Don't even care.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm waiting for a parent email

"Is it true you said, in class:

"I don't blame you; I blame your parents."

And:

"It's not your fault that your entire generation is incapable of knowing, understanding, or hearing, much less appreciating, good music."

?"

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They wouldn't appreciate him anyway.

Hit me with the old man yells at cloud pic. Don't even care.

tenor.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think we'll be fine... but stock up nonetheless. If there are any variations to the current path, Warehouse Stores (Sam's, Costco) and liquor stores will be empty with 12-18 hours.

I always keep two "cases" of soup, a few cases of other canned goods (corn, green beans, Chef Boyardee for the kids) four cases of bottled water and plenty of batteries. In addition, I always buy a few bottles of scotch, a few bottles of vodka, and a few cases of beer before a storm. During Harvey, we were basically rained in for three days - no flooding, no power loss, but enough rain to keep us stuck. Eventually, you get bored - so, get drunk.

During Harvey, I'd start drinking around 8am - some Bailey's in my morning coffee. Then, it was beer until lunch, vodka until dinner, scotch until bedtime. It's quite literally the only way I kept my sanity intact.

Yeah, we're going to go tomorrow and stock up on things. Have vodka, tequila and rum so just need to get beer as far as alcohol goes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm waiting for a parent email

"Is it true you said, in class:

"I don't blame you; I blame your parents."

And:

"It's not your fault that your entire generation is incapable of knowing, understanding, or hearing, much less appreciating, good music."

?"

tenor.gif

The 60s-80s, some of the early 90s had some of the best music ever. So many great bands/artists.