What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

I realize this is sports talk but the Tyrod Taylor collapsed lung thing reminded me of this bit of absolute insanity:

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/grant-hackett-reveals-he-swam-in-athens-with-collapsed-lung/

How the hell do you win the mile, swimming, in the Olympics with one of your lungs at half strength. Ridiculous.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

On 9/23/2020 at 7:31 AM, Outpost31 said:

When I eat two grapefruits or more, my farts smell like grapefruit.  A strong citrus smell with a bad after smell. 

That's less neat than the experiment where you drink copious amounts of Blue Curacao and your poop turns green, and smells like rotten citrus with a worse after smell.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D82 said:

9.5 hours to go...been on the road since 2PM Saturday. 😩

Just look at the positive. There will be a weird looking, pointy eared, bug-eyed, little dog the will be happy to see you. All of the weird noises while they sniff, and drool on you, should make you happy enough for a couple of minutes to make you forget that you purposely moved to TX. 

5 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Just look at the positive. There will be a weird looking, pointy eared, bug-eyed, little dog the will be happy to see you. All of the weird noises while they sniff, and drool on you, should make you happy enough for a couple of minutes to make you forget that you purposely moved to TX. 

She was happier to see me than her dad 😂 my boy was all thrilled to see her again too. 

researching assessment of damages in defamation cases for work and some of the fact scenarios are absolutely bonkers

a guy who had his council development application objected to, and accused the guy who objected to it of threatening to kill and rape farmers and their families to try and get back at him

news program who tried to pin a flood that killed twelve people on a family's faulty quarry wall despite knowing per scientific evidence it most certainly didn't

a rabbi who told a royal comission that child sex abuse should be dealt with in house and not reported to the authorities trying and failing to sue papers for reporting he told the royal commision it should be dealt with in house and not reported to the authorities

a guy so mad at the direction the ceo of gokarting australia was taking the firm he tried to mobilise the gokarting community against him to get him removed from the post

etc

Edited by Shady Slim

Third time now where I've gotten UPS package sent to my address but it was meant for the previous resident. Is there a point where I can just stop contacting UPS to correct it to arrange a pickup or drop off? 90% there's toothpaste in this box and I'm running low. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Third time now where I've gotten UPS package sent to my address but it was meant for the previous resident. Is there a point where I can just stop contacting UPS to correct it to arrange a pickup or drop off? 90% there's toothpaste in this box and I'm running low. 

I've been in the same place for 9.5 years, and I still get stuff for the previous people. Don't count on a fix.

I just want a week of it only being my my in my mail box. I have to take mail to somebody else at least twice a week. It's either the neighbors, a person up the street that has 3/4 of my address, or the same house number but on a totally different street somewhere in the neighborhood.

Just now, MrDrew said:

I've been in the same place for 9.5 years, and I still get stuff for the previous people. Don't count on a fix.

I just want a week of it only being my my in my mail box. I have to take mail to somebody else at least twice a week. It's either the neighbors, a person up the street that has 3/4 of my address, or the same house number but on a totally different street somewhere in the neighborhood.

That's still a lot less annoying than a UPS package.... 

You don't HAVE to take the mail to somebody else. You can write wrong address on the envelop and leave it for the mail carrier to resolve.