What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

On 1/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, skywindO2 said:

I just got contacts. Gonna take some getting used to, and I'm really bad at putting them in, but I'm excited to be able to wear cheap sunglasses and see.

I also immediately put my glasses on again and said that I'm blind, like every other annoying person that's ever tried on someones glasses. 

This isn't going well. It took me forever to put them in. Then when I got home and was taking them out, I dropped the one for my right eye. I spent about 20 minutes looking for it, I thought to maybe check the bathroom sink drain and sure enough it had fallen in there but luckily the stuck on the stopper. I was able to pull the stopper out and I'll have to reattach that later. I didn't notice any damage to the contact, hopefully a long bath in the solution cleans it up well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I'm thinking along the lines of a concealed carry weapon. Feel like the 19 is more compact, but I really like how the 20 feels in my hands. 

I carried a G19 daily for a good while, still do every now and then, it’s a good option. 

Currently carrying a commander sized, bob tailed aluminum framed 9mm 1911.

A few bits of advice, take em for what you will.....

A g20 is an absurdly large gun to carry day to day.  The size differences don’t look crazy in your hand, but iwb under some clothes the differences are incredible.  A g19 is concealable with a t shirt.  A g20 is going to print all over the place without either 1. A cover garment 2. Absurdly, almost clown like, sized cloths.  If you try to carry the g20, before long you’ll either get a new gun or stop carrying it, especially come summer.  

Also, check prices for 9mm vs 10mm ammo.  If it’s something you plan to shoot regularly to maintain proficiency (you should if you’re going to carry), 10mm is an expensive option.

1911’s are great, but they are expensive and generally more finicky than your standard modern options.  If you want a well made, well FINISHED 1911, prices start at 1k and go up quickly.  They also don’t carry as well as some claim despite their thin profile. When carrying, the measurement to look for is height.  5 inches is about as much as you want to go all, much more and it’ll print.  1911’s are a half inch longer than that and have a pointed end that prints noticeably unless bobbed imo.

I carry daily and have for years.  Lemme know if you have any questions or tell me to shut up if you just want to carry the g20. ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This isn't going well. It took me forever to put them in. Then when I got home and was taking them out, I dropped the one for my right eye. I spent about 20 minutes looking for it, I thought to maybe check the bathroom sink drain and sure enough it had fallen in there but luckily the stuck on the stopper. I was able to pull the stopper out and I'll have to reattach that later. I didn't notice any damage to the contact, hopefully a long bath in the solution cleans it up well. 

Don’t feel bad, at least you got them in.

Luckly my vision is good, but if I ever have issues there is zero chance I’d ever be able to wear contacts.  Touch my eyeball? Ha. I can’t use  Visine without essentially hosing off my entire face. I’ll be going straight to glasses.

So look at it that way, you already did something other people can’t and it was just your first day.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I carried a G19 daily for a good while, still do every now and then, it’s a good option. 

Currently carrying a commander sized, bob tailed aluminum framed 9mm 1911.

A few bits of advice, take em for what you will.....

A g20 is an absurdly large gun to carry day to day.  The size differences don’t look crazy in your hand, but iwb under some clothes the differences are incredible.  A g19 is concealable with a t shirt.  A g20 is going to print all over the place without either 1. A cover garment 2. Absurdly, almost clown like, sized cloths.  If you try to carry the g20, before long you’ll either get a new gun or stop carrying it, especially come summer.  

Also, check prices for 9mm vs 10mm ammo.  If it’s something you plan to shoot regularly to maintain proficiency (you should if you’re going to carry), 10mm is an expensive option.

1911’s are great, but they are expensive and generally more finicky than your standard modern options.  If you want a well made, well FINISHED 1911, prices start at 1k and go up quickly.  They also don’t carry as well as some claim despite their thin profile. When carrying, the measurement to look for is height.  5 inches is about as much as you want to go all, much more and it’ll print.  1911’s are a half inch longer than that and have a pointed end that prints noticeably unless bobbed imo.

I carry daily and have for years.  Lemme know if you have any questions or tell me to shut up if you just want to carry the g20. ;)

Lol no, I appreciate the advice and you're probably right. I'm making payments on a 19 right now, so probably what I'll end up getting first. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Within a week, you'll be popping them in like nothing. I remember my first night with them in, I couldn't get my contact out of my eye and was freaking out. Now I touch my eye all the time to readjust the contact, I never use a mirror to put my contacts in, etc. Just repetition.

9 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I had the same problem when i started wearing contacts.  After a few weeks, you'll be a pro.  Then the most annoying thing will be when you put them and suspect one is inside-out.  I remember some mornings putting them in and wondering for hours if it was backward or if my eye was just being stupid.  

That being said, i'm glad i don't have to wear them anymore.  While they're much better than glasses, nothing beats getting up in the morning and being able to see right away.  <3 LASIK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theJ said:

I had the same problem when i started wearing contacts.  After a few weeks, you'll be a pro.  Then the most annoying thing will be when you put them and suspect one is inside-out.  I remember some mornings putting them in and wondering for hours if it was backward or if my eye was just being stupid.  

That being said, i'm glad i don't have to wear them anymore.  While they're much better than glasses, nothing beats getting up in the morning and being able to see right away.  <3 LASIK

I've been flipping them in and out and taking a godo look on them before putting them in. Haven't messed that up yet. I got the right eye in super easily today but the left eye gives me trouble. 

Lasik isn't covered by insurance for me and not enough in my HSA to cover it yet. Well there is enough but I like having it for emergencies. Never had a problem with glasses but after going on vacations that had me in and out of the sun a lot, decided it would be nice to be able to wear cheap sunglasses that I can easily carry around without a bulky case to keep them safe.