What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

13 hours ago, eagles101 said:

I just wish pizza was easier to make because good pizza is way to expensive.

It's really not that hard.  I have a pan pizza recipe that takes about 20 minutes for the dough (1-2 hr rise), then 10 minutes to prep and 20 min to bake.  There's nothing hard about it, other than you have to plan ahead a little because of the rise time.

But, admittedly i like to cook because otherwise the kids are all up in my stuff to play with them, which can be exhausting.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

It's really not that hard.  I have a pan pizza recipe that takes about 20 minutes for the dough (1-2 hr rise), then 10 minutes to prep and 20 min to bake.  There's nothing hard about it, other than you have to plan ahead a little because of the rise time.

But, admittedly i like to cook because otherwise the kids are all up in my stuff to play with them, which can be exhausting.

Whats the recipe? Ive only see ones that take days to rise or you need to make a proofer.

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Whats the recipe? Ive only see ones that take days to rise or you need to make a proofer.

Official recipe is below.  My notes are first.

• I don't heat to 500F, i do 450.  And i don't pre-cook on the burner, because if you like your cheese brown like me, the oven will burn the bottom.
  • I don't use that much oil to grease the pan.  Just enough to coat.  I've never had a problem de-panning them.
  • I've never done the dry milk powder, i have always done the substitute listed at the bottom.

Done right, the crust should be 1-1.5 inches after baking, and a little crunchy.

Ingredients
  • ¼ cup nonfat dry milk powder (see note for substituting regular milk)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 package (0.25oz) active dry yeast or 2¼ tsp if measuring from bulk yeast
  • 1⅓ cup warm water (about 110ºF)

• 2 TBSP vegetable or canola oil
  • 4 cups all purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt

• 6 oz vegetable or canola oil for greasing the pan
  • your favorite sauce  
  • your favorite toppings

Instructions
  1. Put the dry milk, sugar, yeast and warm water in a large bowl and stir together. If you have a stand mixer, use that bowl. Let sit for about 2 minutes. Add the oil and stir again.
  2. Add the flour and the salt into the bowl and stir until it begins forming into a ball. If you are using a mixer, fit with the dough hook and knead on medium speed for about 8 minutes, until a smooth dough forms and it cleans the sides of the bowl. If kneading by hand, turn out onto a clean lightly floured work surface. Knead by hand for about 10 minutes until a smooth elastic dough forms.
  3. Divide dough into two balls. In two 12" (or 10") nonstick or cast iron skillets, put 3 oz of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly and up the sides. Spread the dough out to about the size of the skillets using your fingers or if you need to, a rolling pin. If the dough is snappin  g back quite a bit, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. Then stretch again. Place the dough in the skillets (it doesn't have to go all the way to the sides, it will grow during rise time). Cover the skillets with a lid or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour and up to an hour and a half.
  4. During the last 20 minutes of rise time preheat the oven to 500ºF.
  5. Top the dough with your favorite sauce and toppings. Place the skillets over high heat on the stovetop for about 2 minutes. This will heat up the skillet and get the bottom of the dough crispy. Place the skillets in the oven and bake until golden brown and crispy. This should take about 15 minutes, but watch it closely.
Be very careful when removing the pans from the oven and depanning the pizza as they will be extremely hot.
Notes
If you would like to use regular milk instead of milk powder, eliminate the dry milk and water from the recipe and substitute for 1⅓ cups milk. Scald the milk (meaning heat it up to simmering on the stove) and let it cool to about 110ºF before adding it in the first step of the recipe.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

Official recipe is below.  My notes are first.

• I don't heat to 500F, i do 450.  And i don't pre-cook on the burner, because if you like your cheese brown like me, the oven will burn the bottom.
  • I don't use that much oil to grease the pan.  Just enough to coat.  I've never had a problem de-panning them.
  • I've never done the dry milk powder, i have always done the substitute listed at the bottom.

Done right, the crust should be 1-1.5 inches after baking, and a little crunchy.

Ingredients
  • ¼ cup nonfat dry milk powder (see note for substituting regular milk)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 package (0.25oz) active dry yeast or 2¼ tsp if measuring from bulk yeast
  • 1⅓ cup warm water (about 110ºF)

• 2 TBSP vegetable or canola oil
  • 4 cups all purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt

• 6 oz vegetable or canola oil for greasing the pan
  • your favorite sauce  
  • your favorite toppings

Instructions
  1. Put the dry milk, sugar, yeast and warm water in a large bowl and stir together. If you have a stand mixer, use that bowl. Let sit for about 2 minutes. Add the oil and stir again.
  2. Add the flour and the salt into the bowl and stir until it begins forming into a ball. If you are using a mixer, fit with the dough hook and knead on medium speed for about 8 minutes, until a smooth dough forms and it cleans the sides of the bowl. If kneading by hand, turn out onto a clean lightly floured work surface. Knead by hand for about 10 minutes until a smooth elastic dough forms.
  3. Divide dough into two balls. In two 12" (or 10") nonstick or cast iron skillets, put 3 oz of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly and up the sides. Spread the dough out to about the size of the skillets using your fingers or if you need to, a rolling pin. If the dough is snappin  g back quite a bit, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. Then stretch again. Place the dough in the skillets (it doesn't have to go all the way to the sides, it will grow during rise time). Cover the skillets with a lid or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour and up to an hour and a half.
  4. During the last 20 minutes of rise time preheat the oven to 500ºF.
  5. Top the dough with your favorite sauce and toppings. Place the skillets over high heat on the stovetop for about 2 minutes. This will heat up the skillet and get the bottom of the dough crispy. Place the skillets in the oven and bake until golden brown and crispy. This should take about 15 minutes, but watch it closely.
Be very careful when removing the pans from the oven and depanning the pizza as they will be extremely hot.
Notes
If you would like to use regular milk instead of milk powder, eliminate the dry milk and water from the recipe and substitute for 1⅓ cups milk. Scald the milk (meaning heat it up to simmering on the stove) and let it cool to about 110ºF before adding it in the first step of the recipe.

Im going to try that out sometime in the near future thank you.

I always get all the music terms mixed up. Does Tech N9ne's Don't Nobody Want None count as sampling LL Cool J's Control Myself or was that part of Control Myself from something else first? 

Nevermind, apparently it's from a song from 1982.

Edited by skywindO2

5 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

always cool when i write/finish a nice essay and then check the word count & notice i only wrote 330 of the required 1500 words 

here comes 1170 words of bull****/fluff

You're going to be in school forever. I feel like it's been like 8 years already lol