What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You didn't do it yourself?

Yeah, no. Not for lack of desire, but to make sure I didn't make a bad situation worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, no. Not for lack of desire, but to make sure I didn't make a bad situation worse.

Normally i’d Make fun of somebody for not being able to do something that’s pretty basic, but I think it’s for the best you don’t touch anything.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm thinking a playground/jungle gym set for the kids, but then I think of the labor to put it up (or the cost paying for it) and figure the park is good enough...

How far from the park are you?

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Normally i’d Make fun of somebody for not being able to do something that’s pretty basic, but I think it’s for the best you don’t touch anything.

My thoughts exactly. 

I've come to realize that getting my lawn to the state that I want it is probably a five year plan. This is year three of that plan, so hopefully it'll be nice and green and relatively weed free in two more years. It was so bad when we got there, I just killed it all off and started from scratch. Now I probably need to take down a few trees this year to make room for parking cars more easily, but also that will give us more light and less black walnuts poisoning the yard with their acidic droppings.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Buddy I’m right there with you.

Im not fixing anything unless I’m 100 percent sure I’m able to do it.

I gutted our whole bathroom and fixed it back up myself. I only half knew what I was doing and it turned out alright.

@EliteTexan80, I bought and installed a pretty big playground for my two kids last year. I had my brother in law, who is in construction help me. I bought him dinner. Between us, and my other brother in law and my father in law, it took us about 20 hours. It looks and works great and I have an immense sense of pride and satisfaction...but it would have been well worth the $400 to pay them to set it up for the peace of mind alone, let alone the time component. There's absolutely no shame when it comes to your kids' safety.

This is what we built:

0075211306009_A?$img_size_380x380$

• Like 1