Rams extend Aaron Donald 6 years 135 mil 87 mil grt

49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Rams fans, who's left.

LaMarcus Joyner, Roger Saffold.

Am I missing anyone else?

Brockers(1 more year) and Peters. 

Will probably let Lamarcus and Saffold Walk. 

Plus Barrons and Withworth are most likely gone after this season. 

23 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Amazing how a goatee, a little bit of hair color, and 2010 eye-wear can transform a man.

Williams_Saints_Garafolo-x-large.jpg

With that kind of makeover he looks like he should be rocking the "I'm going through a midlife crisis so I pierced one ear... I pierced the right ear, right?  It's still trendy to pierce just one ear, right?" diamond stud in his ear to complete the transformation.  You know, since the bastard didn't have to common decency to grow a Eurotrash ponytail.

I read that the Rams are now over $300M in new contracts in the last couple months; and that doesnt even include their QB. 

In a couple years the Rams are going to be pretty tight against it. When the big money from these extensions kick in. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Rams fans, who's left.

LaMarcus Joyner, Roger Saffold.

Am I missing anyone else?

Yea as stated, the guys without extensions left are Peters, Brockers and Joyner (and eventually Goff). The only one who is an almost for sure to get one soon is Peters. Id like to keep Brockers, but dont have to.

We also already have Nearly $40m coming off the books after this season of just expiring contracts, not even counting possible cuts as some have mentioned (All $8m of Talib, $7m+ of Barron, $3m+ of Sulilivan, and ~$10m of Whitworth, who I think people are counting out too soon. Plus another $3m of Woods, $10m of Brockers, and even $4m+ of NRC if we had to). And if those arent cut, it would be another $40m after the following year

With the amount of cash coming off the books in the next 2 seasons, the Rams have plenty of flexibility to keep most everyone they want to and even grab a few more key pieces. They will need to lean on all the Supplemental Draft picks they are likely to get to bring in other trades or hit on some of those picks to sustain the winning going forward while they are paying Goff, Donanld, Gurley, Cooks, and Peters.

Bears were one pick away from him. I blame this on Shea McClellin. If he didn't break Rodgers' collarbone then we get beat by GB, and since STL beat us we'd have "won" the tiebreaker.

Good for the Rams though. Got a freak of nature for a long time now.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Bears were one pick away from him. I blame this on Shea McClellin. If he didn't break Rodgers' collarbone then we get beat by GB, and since STL beat us we'd have "won" the tiebreaker.

Good for the Rams though. Got a freak of nature for a long time now.

I hear you lol. Funny how the NFL works.

I remember that draft, after the Rams took Donald there were reports that the Rams tried to trade back into the 1st round and was targeting Zack Martin. It was reported the Rams contacted the Ravens about their pick, but Martin went one spot ahead of the Ravens to the Cowboys. If Jerry wouldve taken Manziel and Martin had been on the board, it wouldve been interesting to see if Fisher wouldve given up alot to get that 17th pick and come away with Martin along with drafting Donald.

Well the Rams just completed their most important offseason in their history.  Now they've successfully built up a fanbase for the next 30 years with their return to LA.  Props to them for finally getting this deal done, even if it took forever.  If this last domino hadn't fallen, it would have looked stupid resigning Cooks and Rob Havenstein without getting a deal done for Donald, but they pulled it off and probably wont be alienating their fanbase now

Archived