Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

No doubt.  If you liked Trubisky coming out of North Carolina, nothing that Trubisky did last year is going to weigh much against you especially since they hired a HC who should be a better fit.  If you were one who questioned him (like myself), there really isn't anything other than hope that's tying their hopes to.  Trubisky last year was bad.  Point blank.  Offensively, I just don't see this as a team whose going to hang with Green Bay offensively.  And I'm not sure they have enough offensive weapons to compete with Minnesota IF the Bears can't take advantage of that Vikings' OL.

Outside of QB because we all know ARod is elite and Cousins has proven to be a solid starting QB, I'm curious to understand where you see both GB and MIN being significantly better at the offensive positions when compared to CHI? 

The craziest saddest thing about this is that! Just two years The RAIDDDDUUUHS were 12-4.. With a promising young player and a avg qb..

Now they just have a Gruden. If you told anyone that Mack wouldn’t be a Raider in 2-3 years they would have shot you and beat you down!!! 

Wow on the landscape is so brutal. the future looked so good with RM clearing mad cap space! And now they don’t have any.. I truly feel bad for Raider fans.

like why even bother watching if the product is mad diluted.

1 hour ago, CrashMan510 said:

Illinois income tax 3.75% 

Ca 13.3%

Mack won

The amazing thing is, at those rates, if the raiders spend two seasons in California, then move to Vegas, which has no state income tax, he'd still pay less over those six years in Chicago than he did in the two years in California plus 4 non taxed years in Nevada

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers and Von Miller both have one SB. Von carried that Denver team way more than Rodgers carried that Packer team. 

Denver’s defense was far more than Von Miller. And Denver can’t do anything without a QB right now. Rodgers at least keeps the packers competitive.  

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The amazing thing is, at those rates, if the raiders spend two seasons in California, then move to Vegas, which has no state income tax, he'd still pay less over those six years in Chicago than he did in the two years in California plus 4 non taxed years in Nevada

Cali is the worse! As a business man. Really feel like moving to Puerto Rico! They’ll treat you like Kings there.. Tons of business are flying out that way. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

No doubt.  If you liked Trubisky coming out of North Carolina, nothing that Trubisky did last year is going to weigh much against you especially since they hired a HC who should be a better fit.  If you were one who questioned him (like myself), there really isn't anything other than hope that's tying their hopes to.  Trubisky last year was bad.  Point blank.  Offensively, I just don't see this as a team whose going to hang with Green Bay offensively.  And I'm not sure they have enough offensive weapons to compete with Minnesota IF the Bears can't take advantage of that Vikings' OL.

Trubisky was only bad if you are box score scouting at the end of the year and didn't actually watch him play.  4 of the last 6 games he had a qbr over 100 and over the final 6 weeks his comp % ~70%.  He set several Bears rookie records.  He played in archaic run, run, pass offense ( no joke multiple announcers called this out in game), with a bunch of #4s at best at WR. No, he didn't come out and win an mvp as a rookie.  He did however put up a comparable rookie season to Wentz and nobody said he was bad as a rookie. He also was one of the best QBs in the league on 3rd down. Your point about nothing from last year is really going to change anybody's is somewhat fair and somewhat not.  I can see that POV but the positives far outweighed the negatives.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Without seeing how it’s structured that’s impossible to know, but since he’ll likely get a large signing bonus up front you’re probably correct.

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Certainly you werent expecting a Turbisky replacement in the FIRST ROUND over the next 2 years?? If anything it was always going to be a Mason Rudolph type guy.

The amount of salt from Packers fans kind of has me excited haha. Basically the only logic being explained is that you have to have basically Aaron Rodgers to win......Which really if you are a Packers fan and have had back to back HOF QB's, I can kind of see how you all think thats the only way to win.

Without a FRP, no.  They're stuck with Trubisky for the foreseeable future for better or worse.  Next year's FA QB class is highlighted by Teddy Brigewater and Tyrod Taylor.  In 2020, you've got Russell Wilson, Drew Brees (if he doesn't retire), and Philip Rivers.  None of those QBs are going to take them to a Super Bowl, so the Raiders paid a crap ton of money to Mack for them to not win a ring.

And it's not salt.  Find me a single franchise who went from out of the playoffs to a Super Bowl contender by a non-QB.

Archived