2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

44 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Seems unnecessary.

lol... I missed this. Nice edit. 

I call a shoe a shoe @Humble_Beast. Point me to any positives in the last 12 months since Gruden came aboard? The franchise is back to laughing stock status with bad trades, FA signings, draft picks and they don't even have a place to play as of today for 2019. 

So yes, I will be critical on an organization who's arrow is pointed downward until they prove something positive. I'm not going to be a fanboy homer and think I can "wish" the Raiders better. They need to prove leadership at the top of the organization before they can be taken seriously. 

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I call a shoe a shoe @Humble_Beast. Point me to any positives in the last 12 months since Gruden came aboard? The franchise is back to laughing stock status with bad trades, FA signings, draft picks and they don't even have a place to play as of today for 2019. 

So yes, I will be critical on an organization who's arrow is pointed downward until they prove something positive. I'm not going to be a fanboy homer and think I can "wish" the Raiders better. They need to prove leadership at the top of the organization before they can be taken seriously. 

Carr is playing a lot better.

Raiders have five first-round picks in two years.

Most rookies are looking promising .

90+ Million in cap space

The Raiders are building a state of the art stadium in an awesome city with no state tax.

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I really don't put any of the things that you listed as making us a laughing stock if you looked at it with context and info.

I don't think the trades were bad when you know that we'd lose these guys for nothing if the deals don't work out. And with the agent playing hard ball, they probably weren't going to.

Most of the free agents we signed are stop gap guys that we can move on from if they don't perform, which is good for a team in our situation.

And the main gripe about the draft has been the Tackles. I agree that they haven't been good all year but Miller can rebound IMO and Parker needs more time but we had success in other spots in the draft. We had 9 picks and I think five (Hall, Key, Hurst, Nelson, Ateman) will be good players for us. The OTs are ?s and we all see Townsend wetting the bed. Not a bad draft especially if Miller can get better and be a player for us.

And bringing the "place to play" into it isn't an indictment on the org. either. They have a gotten a massive stadium deal done and wanted to stay in Oakland til the move. With the lawsuit by the city that becomes impossible. This suit has been in the works for over 8 month and the team stated that it didn't make sense to play in a city that was hostile to the team back then. It makes sense that they would have thought about this ahead of time. I don't think we'll have trouble find a city to host NFL games haha.

Just because you don't agree with a few moves doesn't mean they don't have leadership at the top of the org.

And just because the things could be painted in a negative light doesn't mean you have wear sunglasses as well.

I get wanting to wait til we have better results but you get that it takes time, right?

And this rebuild just got kick started this season when the Mack deal became deadlocked.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

But the Raiders' "guy" was Kolton Miller. It's apparent that the Raiders didn't grade James as high as you did. I also didn't have James as high as others did, but I would have preferred James over Miller based on my own evaluation, not theirs.

I ended up having James graded as a linebacker and not a safety because I think his value increases the closer he is to the line of scrimmage. Honestly, I think the Raiders would be wasting much of James' talents if they played him like a traditional 2-high safety. The Chargers had a plan for him, or at least they accommodated the defense to have him do what he does best.

Osemele didn't really contribute to when Miller played well during this season--at least from what the film shows. Miller's problems last week was Hubbard's speed and hand rip, and I think Dunlap also beat him fairly clean; it was just not Miller's day.

Miller mostly gets no help and while he hasn't played as well as he needs to moving forward, he has had full games and stretches of games where you can clearly see what the Raiders saw in him as a prospect. I'm more concerned about Parker's ability to turn it around. I'm normally the patient type when it comes to prospects but I don't think the team can go into the season with him as the presumptive starter at right tackle.

Derwin was special cause he can play multiple positions cb, fs, ss, olb 

we NEED guys like that hybrid types

derwin and kjo would’ve been a match made in heaven I was already done that UConn safety guy we had. 

Kolt is a LT he’s gotta make a living winning 1 on 1’s that’s why they get paid imo after all the games he played this year Hubbard should’ve been a nice test that was pathetic. He looks like a LT but he plays like a guard. Like you said him going forward is great his run blocking is way ahead of pass blocking last year and right now. That’s the second time he couldn’t even recover the fumble he made by whiffing

Kolt looks the exact same as he did last year at UCLA fwiw but on the other side isiah Wynn didn’t even play Orlando brown looked like a slob in the off-season even tho he had the best tape (him vs bosa last year is crazy) I liked notebloom to don’t know how he turned out.

If I had an idealistic/unrealistic mock, it would look like this:

1.Nick bosa

1.Deionte Thompson

1.Mack Wilson

2.N'Keal Harry/Marqise Brown

This would be a wow draft for me. 

Slightly more realistic:

1.Quinnen Williams

1. Clellin Ferrell

1.Devin Bush

2.Deandre Baker

I think ferrell and baker could drop because of size/athleticism concerns. I think baker is a baller, but will be undervalued by NFL talent evaluators.

Adding an impact LB and edge are musts. Everything else is icing on the cake where BPA is ideal.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If I had an idealistic/unrealistic mock, it would look like this:

1.Nick bosa

1.Deionte Thompson

1.Mack Wilson

2.N'Keal Harry/Marqise Brown

This would be a wow draft for me. 

Slightly more realistic:

1.Quinnen Williams

1. Clellin Ferrell

1.Devin Bush

2.Deandre Baker

I think ferrell and baker could drop because of size/athleticism concerns. I think baker is a baller, but will be undervalued by NFL talent evaluators.

Adding an impact LB and edge are musts. Everything else is icing on the cake where BPA is ideal.

Gruden going draft at least one offense player with the first 4 picks, maybe 2....

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Carr is playing a lot better.

Raiders have five first-round picks in two years.

Most rookies are looking promising .

90+ Million in cap space

The Raiders are building a state of the art stadium in an awesome city with no state tax.

Carr is finally looing comfortable in Gruden's offense. This bodes well if they can put talent around him. And the Oline (especially the OTs have to develop)

5 first round picks are meaningless unless you draft the right players. Raiders haven't shown any ability to do such a thing in the last 15 years

"promising" has been the cliché for this franchise for 15 years. MEJ was "promising" Watson was "promising".... long list of this

Cap space that could have been used to resign a HOF player you had on the team maybe?

Does that make them win games? Otherwise it's just a nice stadium in the desert for opposing fans to go see their team play on a weekend trip to Sin City.

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think the trades were bad when you know that we'd lose these guys for nothing if the deals don't work out. And with the agent playing hard ball, they probably weren't going to.

This is tired. All agents play hard ball. Outside Bell, no players have missed actual games. Raiders could have kept him under contract a year. He was going to hold out all season. They could have made it work, that's obvious.... egos came into it and they panicked and got desperate. 

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Just because you don't agree with a few moves doesn't mean they don't have leadership at the top of the org.

If you think Mark Davis is a leader or has any resemblence of how to run a team, then I don't know what to say. The Raiders and Browns are the only two teams who have constant drama and WTF moments within their organization. Look at this past week.... Get a win, then fire the GM Monday, get sued, get a player suspended, etc. Just constant turmoil. Do you see this kind of stuff with organizations like Denver, New Orleans, Baltimore, etc? 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is tired. All agents play hard ball. Outside Bell, no players have missed actual games. Raiders could have kept him under contract a year. He was going to hold out all season. They could have made it work, that's obvious.... egos came into it and they panicked and got desperate. 

If you think Mark Davis is a leader or has any resemblence of how to run a team, then I don't know what to say. The Raiders and Browns are the only two teams who have constant drama and WTF moments within their organization. Look at this past week.... Get a win, then fire the GM Monday, get sued, get a player suspended, etc. Just constant turmoil. Do you see this kind of stuff with organizations like Denver, New Orleans, Baltimore, etc? 

Having Mack sit a year, just to get the deal that his agent wants doesn't help us at all. Mentioning Bell as an example fits because it shows what we avoided.

Are you really that short sited?

How is it obvious that they could make it work when we aren't part of the negotiations?

Did you just say that Denver NO and Baltimore don't/didn't have states of turmoil?

Please confirm that so I can post my rebuttal haha...

No one cares about Bryant. We gave him a shot on a deal that highlight the risk and HE FAILED. Not the team.

Reggie was gone at the end of the year, according to reports, so letting him walk now was a courtesy so he can start his job search.

Getting sued doesn't matter either as the case is baseless and the team (including name and colors) is moving anyways.

The only people that care about perceived drama are the ones stirring it up and crying about it for there own reasons.

Everyone else sees a team in the midst of transitions. It's not the end of the world.

It's the time when RIDE OR DIE actually comes into play.

Once again, I don't have a problem with waiting to see results before praising Mark or Gruden.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

To add to this,
we could have traded MAck at the deadline, and gotten the same value.
Also, would have had a better idea of what teams were going to be bad.
The timing of the trade was stupid. 

I am a firm believer, Mack was not going to miss any games. But even if he did hold out, I still believe the bears would have traded the 2 firsts for him. (i hate calling it 2 firsts, because throwing in our 2nd next year makes it wayyyy less than that)

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

To add to this,
we could have traded MAck at the deadline, and gotten the same value.
Also, would have had a better idea of what teams were going to be bad.
The timing of the trade was stupid. 

I am a firm believer, Mack was not going to miss any games. But even if he did hold out, I still believe the bears would have traded the 2 firsts for him. (i hate calling it 2 firsts, because throwing in our 2nd next year makes it wayyyy less than that)

Don't use your burner account to try to add gravity to your point @big_palooka.

In that scenario Mack could get hurt before the deadline. It's about mitigating risk and seizing on the value.

Archived