2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Ridley just hasn't really done much for me to warrant taking him before round 4

That's the point. He wasn't featured in UGAs offense. They feature their elite RB talent. Ridley has the size, body control, catch radius of a high caliber NFL WR. You're drafting what he can become, not what he was a UGA. He's a steal in the 2nd round, but guessing once he goes through the offseason he will elevate to 1st round position. 

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That's the point. He wasn't featured in UGAs offense. They feature their elite RB talent. Ridley has the size, body control, catch radius of a high caliber NFL WR. You're drafting what he can become, not what he was a UGA. He's a steal in the 2nd round, but guessing once he goes through the offseason he will elevate to 1st round position. 

Valid points id still prefer him in 3rd or 4th for value. Prefer other wrs to him in 2nd that should be available. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

FYI... my way to early WR rankings

1. Ridley 2. Metcalf 3. Lodge 4. Harry 5. Samuel 6.Harmon 7. AGG 8. K Johnson 9. Butler 10. Isabella/Brown

Need to see more - Whitesides, Mims, A Johnson 

Not sold - AJ Brown

1. Metcalf 2. AJ brown 3. Harmon 4. Harry 5. Samuel. 6. Whiteside 7. Butler

Ridley is prob in the 8-11 range for me.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What's the myth about "the type of go to WR Carr likes" inferring it's big bodied wRs?? Crabtree was his favorite target. He's a not a big bodied guy.

I think Carr like consistent pass catchers who know where to break off routes and can catch. 

I don’t know about Carr but Gruden likes big WRs who can run after the catch

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What's the myth about "the type of go to WR Carr likes" inferring it's big bodied wRs?? Crabtree was his favorite target. He's a not a big bodied guy.

I think Carr like consistent pass catchers who know where to break off routes and can catch. 

Carr likes players who play outside their frame. Cooper and Crabtree were both 6'1", but Crabtree's length and body control made him a more consistent target favorite of Carr despite being an inferior talent, overall--same thing with Davante Adams, who is also 6'1", but plays "big." Carr is at his best when he's creating windows on vertical routes, and receivers who play big tend to be best for that.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yep. I'd love it if we can land Hunter Renfrow in the later rounds. I love that guy. And not just because he is a tiger.

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's more guys who have an extended catch radius and excel in contested catch situations. Crabs was his go to when a play broke down cuz he could throw it up and knew Crabs had a high percentage of coming down with it.

I like Ridley and would take him at the top of round 2. I love metcalf. He's a freak. I'd take him with our 1st in the 20s if he gets there. He has all world upside and thats where you gamble. Doubt he's there though. Round 2 and 3 will be nice for WR talent.

Josh jacobs for me is RB1/2 with montgomery: This is a nice little piece on him. Similar situation to kamara in terms of usage. He will be a star in the NFL. Round 2 grade for me.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like Ridley and would take him at the top of round 2. I love metcalf. He's a freak. I'd take him with our 1st in the 20s if he gets there. He has all world upside and thats where you gamble. Doubt he's there though. Round 2 and 3 will be nice for WR talent.

Josh jacobs for me is RB1/2 with montgomery: This is a nice little piece on him. Similar situation to kamara in terms of usage. He will be a star in the NFL. Round 2 grade for me.

I really like his skill set, and would love him in the second but do you think he declares? He could get a ton of touches next year with Harris gone, although next years rb class is supposed to be really good.

Archived