Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The first season is probably the second worst of the series (last years was honestly probably the worst)

What?  The 1st season is the best or 2nd best season.

1, 4, and 6 and clearly the top 3.  5, 7, and 2 are clearly the bottom 3.  3 is fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

1, 4, and 6 and clearly the top 3.  5, 7, and 2 are clearly the bottom 3.  3 is fine.

Season 1 is down the rankings for me. It's dragged down by some subpar episodes at the start. I'd listen to an argument over season 5 though which is probably propped up on the strength of a couple of episodes. 

13 hours ago, N4L said:

In the books there are subtle hints that the dragon bones in the dungeons of Kings landing get reanimated

I just watched 3 episodes of the show... It's laughable how bad it was. The characters were all completely different in ways that made them more shallow and less interesting 

What an absolute travesty 

Asoiaf >>>>>>>> got 

Don't @ me 

Are you surprised? It's like 4,000 pages of novel ; of course they're not going to cram it into 70hrs of TV..

Also, I agree with the posters saying that the first few episodes of season 1 were relatively uninspiring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

6 is the worst. By far.

The entire season looked like the series had less episodes left than expected. So crammed, mashed and deleted as much as possible. Flipping to a generic Superhero movie basis to make sure itd see an ending by 2 shortened following seasons.

18 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Runtimes announced

• Episode 801: 60 minutes
  • Episode 802: 60 minutes
  • Episode 803: 80 minutes
  • Episode 804: 80 minutes
  • Episode 805: 80 minutes
  • Episode 806: 80 minutes

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/01/22/runtimes-game-thrones-season-8-revealed/

I seem to remember hearing something more like all would be feature length with the finale being almost 2 hours. This is kind of disappointing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

I seem to remember hearing something more like all would be feature length with the finale being almost 2 hours. This is kind of disappointing.

Agreed. I wonder if they left a lot on the cutting room floor, or if that chatter was just something that wasn't ever really true. 

But yeah, little disappointed in those run times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Agreed. I wonder if they left a lot on the cutting room floor, or if that chatter was just something that wasn't ever really true. 

But yeah, little disappointed in those run times.

Especially considering we're going to get like 3 epic battles this season and that's probably going to be the majority of the 3 episodes that have them.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:16 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

6 is the worst. By far.

The entire season looked like the series had less episodes left than expected. So crammed, mashed and deleted as much as possible. Flipping to a generic Superhero movie basis to make sure itd see an ending by 2 shortened following seasons.

how can you say that 7 is better than 6??

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

how can you say that 7 is better than 6??

From when the horn blows announcing the arrival of The Knights of the Vale in the BOTB, through getting rid of all "goodness" on a side by vanquishing the Tyrells and Tommen. I say puts it over the top and all formed what 7 became. Which is your basic, generic Good vs Evil superhero flick.

First half of season 6 I thought was good. And right up until that dang horn was solid enough, the BOTB itself was fantastic up until that horn. Its like the Falcons-Pats Superbowl. Season 6 is the Falcons. That horn marked the 4th quarter.

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Especially considering we're going to get like 3 epic battles this season and that's probably going to be the majority of the 3 episodes that have them.

Im wondering how much time all the heartfelt reunions are going to eat up early. Then Im thinking an ending like LOTR. There was near an hour of wrapup for Return of the King. With the 7 kingdoms and all else. Feels like its going to need time to lay out everything to wrap it all up neatly.