Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The breaker of chains putting her offspring in chains is a bit more symbolic than a time out. Also is the definition of a saint someone who doesn't have the ability to burn women and children alive? Cause that's the argument here. Kind of a weird stance to take from my argument.

I thought my comment facetious enough to get by with a touch of humor.....but alas, in the world of GOT no such nuance exists.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Probably stopped to get some street tacos tbh - I mean he did just fight a war. Can't betray your Aunt/lover/queen on an empty stomach!

Exactly....and I'm sure the street vendors (those that survived.....) had a wealth of well cooked meat to mix in to their tacos :) 

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How was the PWWP fulfilled when Arya was the one who defeated the NK, not Jon.

Also, Jon's parentage literally meant nothing, so what was the purpose of the 3ER in the first place? Furthermore, Bran tells us at the start of this season (and last season) that he can't be Lord of anything anymore and that he "doesn't really want anymore", but now he's like "Oh yeah I came all this way to be king!". That's 100% a writing problem.

And other than the fact that since S5 they've crapped all over the foundations laid out in the books in order to tell a completely different story with the same ending, yeah I agree.

Bc YOU have misinterpreted the prophecy.  AA will save the world.  Dany was about to reduce THE ENTIRE WORLD TO ASH.  Jon killed his love to fulfill it.  Jon's parentage is what it is bc Rhaegar was seeking to fulfill prophecy.  It was not a coincidence that he crowned Lyanna at the tourney at Harrenhall.  He was already married.  She was promised to Robert Baratheon.  He knew what he was doing.  Jon's parentage is what created him.  The song of Ice & Fire.

Edit: as for them crapping on the foundations of the books, I ask how so?  I dont mind the rushing arguement bc we always want more of something great, but I would be willing to bet more than 90% of what they laid out probably happens in the books, just fleshed out more bc...you know.. books.  They told the story they had been telling all along, YOU just dont like the result.  Which is fine, anyone can like or not like whatever they want.  But you not liking something does not equate to bad writing.  It just means you didnt like it. 

Edited by Superman(DH23)

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Bc YOU have misinterpreted the prophecy.  AA will save the world.  Dany was about to reduce THE ENTIRE WORLD TO ASH.  Jon killed his love to fulfill it. 

AA specifically will save the world from darkness with the sword of fire. The only way this relates to Dany is if you cherry pick the theory and ignore various major aspects of it and then just say "Well Jon is AA because he killed Dany who is Nissa Nissa" and ignore everything else.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Jon's parentage is what it is bc Rhaegar was seeking to fulfill prophecy.  It was not a coincidence that he crowned Lyanna at the tourney at Harrenhall.  He was already married.  She was promised to Robert Baratheon.  He knew what he was doing.  Jon's parentage is what created him.  The song of Ice & Fire.

But in the environment of the show, his parentage had literally no impact. Him being Aegon Targaryen meant literally nothing. 

I'm 100% with  the PWWP prophecy being fulfilled (for the purposes of the show)

AA needs to forge his sword 3 times , with the last being in the heard of the one he loves. Jon defeats the Others (#1), defeats Cersei (#2) and then kills Dany (#3). Dany was the true threat to the world that needed to be stopped.  

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Speaking of reaching.......

It's amazing how people used the same logic to defend criticisms of past episodes by saying "you dont need to see everything on screen" but now all of a sudden you can't make the assumption that a dragon would probably assume that the only other person in the room probably killed Dany because it isn't explicably stated what the dragon is thinking. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But in the environment of the show, his parentage had literally no impact. Him being Aegon Targaryen meant literally nothing. 

It is the entire reason a rift forms between Jon and Dany. If he is just Jon Snow, Dany would not have mistrusted him, and he wouldn't have been weirded out by the incest and loved her.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The reason people are being so picky about small things (like Grey Worm fast traveling) is because the writing has been so lazy with the big things (Azor Ahai meaning nothing, R + L = J meaning nothing, Bran becoming the 3ER meaning nothing, Dany losing her dragon to Euron's sharpshooters, etc.) that ultimately it snowballs into little things also being crucified as well.

See, I can let some of it go, but when people say things like R+L=J meant nothing, that's what I take issue with. Without that:

- Jon wouldn't have been able to ride Rhaegal in the Long Night. Say what you want about the episode, but him riding that dragon was a big part of the story.

- Dany wouldn't have realized her only card left to play was fear. This is what people can;t seem to understand. Her entire claim was taken away from her. She didn't have a claim nor the love of the people in Westeros, and only had one option left. Add to that her paranoia of losing everyone close to her and her advisors failed tactics, and you have a burned down King's Landing. 

The others I can see, although I still think most of the complaints are because people theorized too much and came up with even better ways for everything to end. It's impossible odds when you choose to end something one way and the general public gets to choose the field. Euron taking down Rhaegal is fine, but the way it happened was pretty stupid. Episode 4 was my most hated episode of the entire series for things like that so I understand the poor writing issue, but people are taking it too far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm 100% with  the PWWP prophecy being fulfilled (for the purposes of the show)

AA needs to forge his sword 3 times , with the last being in the heard of the one he loves. Jon defeats the Others (#1), defeats Cersei (#2) and then kills Dany (#3). Dany was the true threat to the world that needed to be stopped.  

Saying Jon defeated Cersei is a stretch tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Saying Jon defeated Cersei is a stretch tbh

It is a prophecy. Gotta be some symbolism. GWWR has said prophecies are not 100% accurate or literal.

Also in the show they weren't really going for that whole thing. We still don't know how things are gonna play out with Young Griff. Like I said, for the purposes of the show, and relative to everything else, I'm fine with it being what it is.

Either way, if it played out literally like how the prophecy said people would scream about lazy writing.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

See, I can let some of it go, but when people say things like R+L=J meant nothing, that's what I take issue with. Without that:

- Jon wouldn't have been able to ride Rhaegal in the Long Night. Say what you want about the episode, but him riding that dragon was a big part of the story.

- Dany wouldn't have realized her only card left to play was fear. This is what people can;t seem to understand. Her entire claim was taken away from her. She didn't have a claim nor the love of the people in Westeros, and only had one option left. Add to that her paranoia of losing everyone close to her and her advisors failed tactics, and you have a burned down King's Landing. 

The others I can see, although I still think most of the complaints are because people theorized too much and came up with even better ways for everything to end. It's impossible odds when you choose to end something one way and the general public gets to choose the field. Euron taking down Rhaegal is fine, but the way it happened was pretty stupid. Episode 4 was my most hated episode of the entire series for things like that so I understand the poor writing issue, but people are taking it too far. 

It's a little bit in the middle for me. It doesnt mean nothing but it's super, super underwhelming for such a major reveal.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

I find it funny all of a sudden Bran gets a personality and wants to be king in the finale. His character arc is so inconsistent just like many others this season.

Inconsistent? I'd say non existant. Why the hell would the three eyed raven even want to be king? It's such a weird, weird decision to make him king.

• Like 2