Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Depends on your cable provider.  Anyone with satellite or FiOs (which is a lot of folks these days), get HBO channels on East and West coast times.

i have cox cable in Vegas and we get east coast HBO so I got to watch it with everyone.

Just now, skywindO2 said:

That episode was like 85% fan service. I hope that's the most we get this season.

I never considered how Sam would react about finding out Dany killed his dad and brother. I'm kind of surprised he's that upset about it. 

I don't think he's really that upset about his dad so much... When she told him about it he kinda laughed it off... But when he found out she killed his brother too that was what devastated him.

• Like 1

Felt like that episode was basically a huge info dump to get all the characters up to speed, which was definitely necessary. 

Loving the Dany/Sansa tension. Very realistic. 

Tyrion/Varys have to know now that Jon is a Targaryen after seeing him ride the dragon. Wish we could have seen their reactions to that on screen. 

Thats all I have for now, it all went pretty much as I expected the first episode to go.

EDIT: Btw, it’s annoying that the show is calling Sam the younger brother to Dickon, when the whole reason his dad sent him to the Wall (by threatening to kill him if he stayed) was so that Dickon would inherent in place of Sam. 

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

Just now, skywindO2 said:

That episode was like 85% fan service. I hope that's the most we get this season.

I never considered how Sam would react about finding out Dany killed his dad and brother. I'm kind of surprised he's that upset about it. 

I think deep in Sam was always a want for the respect of his father and brothers - or at least acceptance.  Like, "Maybe if I just did this, it'll finally crack his veneer."  And even if they treat you like crap, a wholly good person (which Sam is, he may be craven a good amount of the time, but there's no doubting his goodness) is going to feel sad at the death of loved ones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I liked how he reacted. I mean even if they were crappy to him they are still his family deep down. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Felt like that episode was basically a huge info dump to get all the characters up to speed, which was definitely necessary. 

I also feel like it sets a tone, by which, they could throw an unexpected (or at least, not this soon in the season) death next week and the "fan service"-y vibe that this episode had ends up getting people to let their guard down.