Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Besides the lighting, the episode was definitely well-directed.  Just thought the super quick resolution to the conflict was wack.

Killing the Night King would have always resolved the battle immediately. That was the endgame.

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Loved it! People have a problem with the darkness? Oh my goodness people...it was a nighttime battle. I could tell what was going on.

Should have made it a daytime battle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

That was a pretty cool/crazy scene with the flaming swords slowly being distinguished.  

They did a good job with the anticipation/dread and then the confusion/adrenaline/despair during the battle I thought 

It was perfect. The audience was given hope with the swords being lit and then quickly nuked in 30 seconds.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Killing the Night King would have always resolved the battle immediately. That was the endgame.

A daytime battle wouldn't nearly have been as good of a television spectacle. 
It wouldn't have seemed as desire or desperate. The fire wouldn't have popped as much, etc. 
A daytime battle would have been terrible. I liked the darkness.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Daytime battle does not fit the script, old Nan's stories of the night that lasted 100 years.  The 'Night King' chooses his big fight during the day... This episode would have been a joke if it was during the day.

• Like 2

Just now, Nazgul said:

It wouldn't have seemed as desire or desperate. The fire wouldn't have popped as much, etc. 

The darkness of the battle made it hard to follow. At minimum, they should have found a way to brighten it up in certain spots.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The Dothraki getting smoked as quick as they did was incredible. Made my heart race honestly. That and the scene where the night king brought everybody back.

Also the irony of them being so easily defeated in an open field. 

1 minute ago, Nazgul said:

Not to mention, a daytime battle wouldn't have presented the dead with as much of an advantage from the frost that followed them as a nighttime battle would.