Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, The LBC said:

It's plot armor, but it's non-traditional plot armor because it wasn't like the audience saw it coming.  It's probably one of the most tolerable examples of plot armor.  Legitimately the only characters I saw mentioned around the net the last week that had no potential for death were Sansa and Sam.  People had serious doubts that characters like Jon, the Hound, Tyrion, would make it out, but I saw even some discussion in various places that thought they could die.  Then they ratcheted up the suspicion that Varys might go with bringing Melisandre back so early.

Honestly, this is like good horror movie writing.  You think a character's done for, they miraculously manage to survive, and then something rather soon down the line comes back to collect on them just when you think they're safe.

The Night King walking slowly is to build tension, not to save a specific character. If he shows up and Arya hucks a dagger at him 2 seconds later the same people whining about plot armor would be talking about what a let down his death was.

Just now, Tyty said:

So this sets up the Hound v Mountain and either Cersei v Arya or Jaime v Cersei. Kingslayer back at it again 

Jamie killing Cersei would be a pretty good emotional end since they’re not going to have the spectacle they did with tonight’s episode 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Night King walking slowly is to build tension, not to save a specific character. If he shows up and Arya hucks a dagger at him 2 seconds later the same people whining about plot armor would be talking about what a let down his death was.

I am still pretty shocked that that “drop the dagger to the other hand” move she worked on several seasons ago ended up being the most important move in the show 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Truthfully, they gave Beric a more baller death than such a minor character deserved lol

But pretty cool eh?

The Red Woman saying he was brought back to save Ayra....so she could take out the NK.

Btw - I dont remember Ayra and the RW meeting before......how far back was that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

She had a good death.  

I hate that it was a little to much like Grenn's (or Donals, if you're a book reader) but yeah, it was a good death. True to the mormont women too

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm pretty sure he called us nerd virgins. You've all been served.

No. Im saying they stuck in a few to many segments catering to fans (all Aryas segments) for it to compete with the home stretch of Spartacus which didnt feel that need.