Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

All in all, I was a little disappointed in the episode.  Large parts of the battle made no sense, they telegraphed Arya being the one to kill the NK, and the lack of meaningful character deaths made the whole thing kind of corny.

That said, the battle scenes themselves were well done, the episode was entertaining, and they did get me there in the end when the NK grabbed Arya before she could get him.  Overall, a decent episode, but definitely not on the level of Blackwater or The Children or Hardhome.  Yall saying it's the GOAT are smoking crack.

• Like 8

Just now, Forge said:

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next episode, he heads back North of the wall again.

The one I'm most curious about is Varys.  Hadn't Melisandre said that their fates were intertwined?  Was that the extent to which they were intertwined?  He wasn't even really out on the battlements to see where the magic he so feared was used to try and help them.

The episode was made incredibly well. I felt true dread and terror for the characters and the editing was fantastic.

However, they put some characters in situations that they had absolutely no business of getting out of alive. If you wanted them to live then fine, but don't put 300 against 3 people backed into a corner and expect me to be okay with them living. Or 2 people surrounded by hundreds. Or...you know what I mean.

I don't mind the Arya kill outside of the jump. The Night King had called off all his followers and the show has clearly shown they don't do anything without him commanding it, even other White Walkers. She also could have come out of a tunnel to sneak past most of the dead.

Speaking of the White Walkers...they were worthless almost the entire series. They barely did anything. Like how do you have the sequel to the Battle for the Dawn and not a single White Walker even engages anybody in battle? I thought we were gonna see some **** when they all walked through the gate...but nah.

I wish Bran had still died. Like win the Battle, but lose Bran.

I'm gonna have to watch it again a few times before I make a final judgment. Like I said, the episode was incredibly well made, but definitely some things I don't like about the story decisions.

• Like 8

Just now, The LBC said:

The one I'm most curious about is Varys.  Hadn't Melisandre said that their fates were intertwined?  Was that the extent to which they were intertwined?  He wasn't even really out on the battlements to see where the magic he so feared was used to try and help them.

She didn't say they were intertwined, just that they both were going to die in Westeros.

• Like 1

The bit with the NK's slow march to Bran that I feel like they may have intended to do differently... until Infinity War did the whole Thanos' slow march through almost everyone to get to Vision and the Mind Stone, and then it would have just felt redundant if the NK did the same thing.  I do get the feeling that may have been a change form the original intended script.