Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:
12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, the showrunners and writers. Aegon conquered the 7 kingdoms with 3 dragons, and apparently nobody during that entire period of time was smart enough to build a superpowered crossbow.

They were.  One of the 3 dragons he came with was killed in Dorne via a ballista bolt to the eye.  They had them, but it turns out, aiming at a moving target from hundreds of yards away with a not very accurate supersized crossbow (sort of--different propulsion mechanisms) is really, really, really difficult, so that was a one-in-a-million shot.

Aegon overwhelmed 6 of the 7 Kingdoms really quickly, and had a ton of allies before long. They don't talk about that on the show, but pretty much overnight he 10x'd his army.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Aegon overwhelmed 6 of the 7 Kingdoms really quickly, and had a ton of allies before long. They don't talk about that on the show, but pretty much overnight he 10x'd his army.

Yup. He basically came in with a force around the size of the unsullied with the 3 dragons. And before long, the entirety of the forces either bent the knee and joined or got burned and replaced with someone who would.

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Yup. He basically came in with a force around the size of the unsullied with the 3 dragons. And before long, the entirety of the forces either bent the knee and joined or got burned and replaced with someone who would.

And because the Seven Kingdoms were...seven kingdoms and not at all intent on helping each other, he could fight each one individually. It took them a long time before they banded together to resist, and by then he had enough allies that it didn't matter.

Conquering The Seven Kingdoms is much tougher than conquering Seven Kingdoms.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Yup. I'm intrigued to see how they get through those Ballistas.

I'm pretty sure they gave this away in the season preview, in spoilers because I think i'm right, I have no actual knowledge though.

In the season preview you see a dragon head emerge in a dark place and then shoot fire.  I'm about positive that Drogon is going to burrow through the ground to get inside the walls of the castle or in the sewers below to get past the ballistas and start wrecking havoc.  My best guess is that he is going to be in the same room that has the skull of Balerion where Qyburn tested his early version of it, and that's how Qyburn is going to go out.

In the books they make a point about the Dragons being diggers when they are kept inside the pyramid in Mereen.  The show didn't do this, but I expect them to halfass the explanation during episode 5.

Edited by THE DUKE

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

are you guys still looking forward to the spin-off shows? I think knowing that we will be back in this world soon is easing the blow of this mediocre last season.

As long as there are different show runners and writers, i'm at least intrigued.  They'll get at least 3-4 episodes the grab my attention.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As long as there are different show runners and writers, i'm at least intrigued.  They'll get at least 3-4 episodes the grab my attention.

Agreed. HBO needs to learn its lesson and keep GRRM as close as possible.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I think at a certain point, we're just being nit-picky.

I think if you as a writer were such a fan of the show. You would know the bastard difference between Waters and Rivers.

It seems nitpicky, but then again. A fan invested would know the difference and that's who we were told was writing the show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, the showrunners and writers. Aegon conquered the 7 kingdoms with 3 dragons, and apparently nobody during that entire period of time was smart enough to build a superpowered crossbow.

Aegon conquered The Vale by offering the king a ride on a dragon. It took a lot less to get a bent knee back then.