Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This.  I've been reading the books since '08, then watching the show since '11, so I'd say I'm pretty invested at this point.  

I honestly don't even blame D&D though.  They never claimed to be great storytellers.  This is George's fault.

Absolutely. D&D kinda blow but if GRRM had actually done his job they would have been able to do the thing they were hired for, adapt the book to TV, and not create the ending for some guy who can't be bothered. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:
19 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

That episode was so unsettling, in a good way. Except for Qyburn going down which was hilarious and kind of ruined the mood for me. 

that was my favorite part of the episode lol

He deserved for die. No one stops the hype :Airhorns:

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Just seemed odd to have the moment of calm in the battle be the time where she goes off the deep end. She had accomplished her goal and had then throne and THEN she snaps? Wasn't really a big deal to me and didn't impact the episode, just thought it could have done a little better. 

I took it as she could see Cersei, and that was the first time since Missandei died since she saw her. It wasn't the bells.

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I didn't take it as a death scene. I took it more as leaving or dark, death to everybody beliefs after seeing that destruction and going to a more light inner monologue. I could be wrong though. Although quite honestly if it was a death scene that would really piss me off. To all of sudden throw in this overwrought, trite, cliche drivel in general but especially to the best character would be unforgivable. 

Which is fair. We'll find out next week.

The rejection of the God of Death would fit with her parallels with the Hound. They each changed after seeing King's Landing sacked.

I think it’s kinda hilarious that Euron Greyjoy just devolved into Mark David Chapman shooting John Lennon outside his apartment, fangirling while he died like “gee look at me I killed one handed Jaime Lannister”

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

She wanted her vengeance, justice, fire and blood. 

I get that, I thought that was pretty obvious. But why didn't she go on a sweet genocidal rampage before the bells started ringing? It's not a major complaint, just thought it could have been done a bit better.

Absolutely. D&D kinda blow but if GRRM had actually done his job they would have been able to do the thing they were hired for, adapt the book to TV, and not create the ending for some guy who can't be bothered. 

Exactly.  I hope he hates what they're doing to his baby.  But in reality, I think he's pleased that expectations are now set lower for him.

• Like 2

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I get that, I thought that was pretty obvious. But why didn't she go on a sweet genocidal rampage before the bells started ringing? It's not a major complaint, just thought it could have been done a bit better.

Power doesn’t do well in Targaryen’s hands, as history shows. 

He ran home because she was winning....

LOLwut? Thats completely false. Go back and rewatch, specifically the end of E4 and the conversation in the tent E5. It was abundantly clear Cersi was about to get beat on, Jaime didnt run back because he thought she was winning. That is complete nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

My one real big issue with this episode was the scorpions.  The only explanation is that Drogon was immune.  Those things ****ed up Rhaegar in 3 shots, but Drogon couldn't get touched.

Angle of attack. Rhaegar was flying right in front of them. Drogon came from straight above - which the scorpions cant aim straight up. Drogon also constantly varied the altitude and direction of attack. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Tyrion and Jaime character arc has taken a nose dive this season .

See...I liked the Jaime arc.  Sometimes, people just can't/won't change.  It looked like he was going for redemption the whole way...but then slid back.  Which I think is just as likely/realistic as him truly seeing the error of his ways.  

Tyrion has gone full retard lately.

• Like 1