Bears extend Goldman

Pool

29 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Who’s to come? 

Amos and Howard?

Howard has a year or so and his market value probably wont be that high.  He's a very good runner but struggles too much in the receiving game to break the bank imo.  Amos needs another year to prove he's playing at a high level.  I don't think anyone else gets extended this year, but both of those guys could get signed/extended next offseason.

I'm not going to pretend to know much about Goldman, but I know that Fangio has gotten the most out of 3-4 NTs in his scheme with the 49ers, so 3-4 NT was never a position I would have put stock in enough to give that kind of money out. But again, I don't know much about Goldman. 

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

People have to keep the salary floor in mind. If Chicago heavily front-loaded the deal, it likely means they were trying to reach the floor. I don't know where they've been at the past few years.

They have spent very little for the past few years so that could be the case.  But he's been an excellent force in the middle and his value doesn't show on the stat sheet.  Bears are going all in on MT10.  I admire it, may be genius, may be idiotic, but my team is going for it and I fully appreciate it.

QB: Mitch Tribusky signed through 2020
RB: Jordan Howard signed through 2019
RB: Tarik Cohen signed through 2020
TE: Trey Burton signed through 2021
TE: Adam Shaheen signed through 2020
WR: Allen Robinson signed through 2020
WR: Taylor Gabriel signed through 2021
WR: Anthony Miller signed through 2021
RT: Bobby MAssie signed through 2018
RG: Kyle Long signed through 2021
C: Cody Whitehar signed through 2019
LG: James Daniels signed through 2021
LT: Charles Leno signed through 2021

DE: Akiem Hicks signed through 2021
NT: Eddie Goldman signed through 2022
DE: Jonathon Bullard signed through 2019
OLB: Khalil MAck signed through 2024
ILB: Danny Trevathan signed through 2019
ILB: Roqaun Smith signed through 2021
OLB: Leonard Floyd signed through 2019
CB: Kyle Fuller signed through 2021
CB: Prince Amukamara signed through 2020
NB: Nryce Callahan signed through 2018
FS: Eddie  Jackson signed through 2020
SS: Adrian Amos signed through 2018

Criticize Pace all you want but you cannot say that he doesn't have balls. He has a plan and he's sticking with it. And if it works out....it's set for the long hall.

18 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Chicago making sure everyone gets paid this year.

Good player, not sure he's worth that much. When it comes to making roster decisions with financial cap restrictions in mind, they could have done better with that cap amount.

Ehh...the contract is in the ballpark, value wise. It might be a little high, but the Bears may be seeing improvement with him, or maybe eyed the cap space of potential free agent suitors. It might be an overpay, but not by much. 

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I didn’t realize this thread was about Kenny Clark.

So, you've decided to start trolling now? Awesome. 

Archived