BDL 2018 Week 1: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Portland Horned Owls

ny92mike

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Portland Horned Owls  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2018 at 04:00 PM

47 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Really?  I've looked at a bunch of articles and not seen that.

this is just a quick search, stay away from the bills homers.  he looked good against the run, and can make impact plays with his athleticism but his coverage needs work

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-nfl-week-1-ravens-47-bills-3

26 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

this is just a quick search, stay away from the bills homers.  he looked good against the run, and can make impact plays with his athleticism but his coverage needs work

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-nfl-week-1-ravens-47-bills-3

I tend to stay away from PFF now.  They have gotten worse every year.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I tend to stay away from PFF now.  They have gotten worse every year.

Yea the grades outside of lineman and corners have gotten a little cooky, they are still the place for that imo.  But looked lost is looked lost no matter how they grade lolol 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea the grades outside of lineman and corners have gotten a little cooky, they are still the place for that imo.  But looked lost is looked lost no matter how they grade lolol 

I like them for things like PBUs and pressures.  But beyond that, I'm not a fan.  

And they said that, but I read a lot of where he looked very good.  Not perfect, but very good.  Also, I did plan for Haha to help him out some.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I like them for things like PBUs and pressures.  But beyond that, I'm not a fan.  

And they said that, but I read a lot of where he looked very good.  Not perfect, but very good.  Also, I did plan for Haha to help him out some.

From what I saw.  He looked awesome in the run game.  Was OK in zone but looked a bit lost in man coverage. His athleticism made up for a lot if the mistakes.  But he's a rook, ain't gonna be perfect yet 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

From what I saw.  He looked awesome in the run game.  Was OK in zone but looked a bit lost in man coverage. His athleticism made up for a lot if the mistakes.  But he's a rook, ain't gonna be perfect yet 

That's reasonable.  Not perfect, and definitely room for improvement, but not going to cost me the game.  Especially with Haha helping him out.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

He looked good in run defense, a bit lost in man coverage as Bcb said was kinda meh in Zone. He's a 20 year old rookie, he'll get better as the season goes on but he gave up at least 3 big plays. 

Well GG Berlin enjoy your 1st win of the season I guess, also RIP that streak. Guess I'll have to throw my A+ game at Seoul next week if I even want to have a hope at beating my biggest rival. 

I think Portland's best offensive feature is a good rotation of backs, but unfortunately they get stopped up here by a very good interior and thus far decent linebacker play. I also don't see Berlin running the ball all too well, but a couple of explosive plays from Tyreek and other receivers is enough to get them the win here.

I like Berlin here. Not enough attention to Tyreek Hill from Portland. DeSean Jackson and Kenny Galloway getting lifts from non elite QBs help tremendously. Otherwise, this game is a slight edge to Berlin, so I give credit to Rags for putting together a good game plan for putting guys in the right position at the right time. Will say Shady has a much stronger performance than he did v Baltimore.

Performance - Berlin, Game Plan - Berlin, Matchup - Portland

Berlin had a good week but it was close with Watt's 4 sacks almost tipping the performance portion for me. Berlin had the better game plan but on paper I like the Owls.

Archived