Week 1 GDT: LETS GO!!!

TheVillain112

Just now, Starless said:

Watching him the last couple of years, I get the sense that he's been on a steady decline and being bailed out by Brown, Bell and Schuster an awful lot. I don't think he's a top-5 QB and maybe not even top-10. He can still take the Steelers to the playoffs, but it also wouldn't shock me if he completely fell apart this year.

He had a bad game against the Browns in the rain. Not the first time. Might not be the last. Ben always has a terrible game or two during the season. If we get into Week 4 and he's not tossing TDs then I'll be concerned. I learned my lesson after the first Jacksonville game last year.

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I knew it would be a matter of time before a 10:00 OT failed to produce a winner. Maybe now the league can admit the way they do OT is flawed and go with college rules next year.

Some of the greatest college football games of the past 25 years have been OT thrillers. As an OSU fan I can testify to this.

Not sure a game where neither team can score for 10 minutes is the champion for college style OTs that you think it is.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You were able to come back in large part because of the horrible call on the punt recovery.   Not sure you have room to talk when the refs sucked for both sides.

Not sure how there was conclusive evidence of that. And you guys would have had to go for a FG if it wasn't for that BS call on Garrett hitting Ben.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Not sure how there was conclusive evidence of that. And you guys would have had to go for a FG if it wasn't for that BS call on Garrett hitting Ben.

Except the ball changes trajectory. The laws of physics dictate it cannot do that without touching something.

And, while I disagree with the call, the reality of the matter is it's the rule. Plain and simple.

Just now, DawgX said:

Pretty clearly hit him.  Browns player even reacted to it when it hit him.    But I get why you wont acknowledge it.

Yes, that was a BS call on Garrett....but so was the BS call on Watt when he hit Taylor just a few minutes earlier.

Archived