Week 1 GDT: LETS GO!!!

TheVillain112

Just now, DawgX said:

Do I think the ball hit Chubb? Probably. But there was no definitive evidence that it did. He could have flinched cause he could have seen that the ball was very close to his face and was about to hit him. I'd say that's a natural reaction even if it didn't actually touch him.

Regardless, I don't think you guys can honestly argue that the calls today went in our favor. There were bad calls on both sides today, but it seemed like there were more in Pittsburgh's favor. Then again, we had a lot of dumb penalties like false starts, illegal formation, etc that are obviously totally on us.

Except you cannot argue calls went in Pittsburgh's favor because that's simply not true. They were called for more penalties and assessed more penalty yardage. These are facts.

Whether you like it or not - and I DON'T like it -  Garrett's hit is against the rules now. It's literally the exact same hit that the rule was created for only Ben was rolling to the left instead of the right like Aaron Rodgers. 

Yes, one can argue that the Browns' muffed punt was incredibly close, but there comes a point where common sense comes into play. When EVERY player on the field treats it as a live ball you go with that call. Not make your own call 15 yards away. Not to mention the Maurkice Pouncey "hold" on a guy who literally slipped on air.

The game was poorly officiated all around. But an argument that the Steelers benefited more is absurd.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

If you can't see it in replay, it doesn't matter.

I don't have an issue with not seeing it on replay and upholding the call. I take issue with the call in the first place. Literally everyone near the ball - on both teams -  reacts as if it touched the Cleveland player and the referee who is 15 yards away comes sprinting up and claims it didn't hit him with authority? That's ridiculous. Just like Thursday Night, this crew inserted themselves into the game without need and it ruined and already terrible game.

Myles Garrett called for a block in the back while pouncey is diving at schobert. That was the final nail in the coffin from the refs. 

No ref throws that flag on that play on a home team except against the Browns. Absolute trash officiating the whole game. 

Ref looking for a reason to throw a flag so the Browns couldn't get a chip shot... change my mind.

Archived