Week 1 GDT: LETS GO!!!

TheVillain112

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Not on Haley- he had em beat.  Game over if tyrod doesn’t suck

Taylor isnt a good deep thrower and its a really wet day and they only needed 10 yards.

It absolutely is on Haley.   He has always been garbage with situational play calling.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Pretty clearly hit him.  Browns player even reacted to it when it hit him.    But I get why you wont acknowledge it.

Yes, that was a BS call on Garrett....but so was the BS call on Watt when he hit Taylor just a few minutes earlier.

Do I think the ball hit Chubb? Probably. But there was no definitive evidence that it did. He could have flinched cause he could have seen that the ball was very close to his face and was about to hit him. I'd say that's a natural reaction even if it didn't actually touch him.

Regardless, I don't think you guys can honestly argue that the calls today went in our favor. There were bad calls on both sides today, but it seemed like there were more in Pittsburgh's favor. Then again, we had a lot of dumb penalties like false starts, illegal formation, etc that are obviously totally on us.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Taylor isnt a good deep thrower and its a really wet day and they only needed 10 yards.

It absolutely is on Haley.   He has always been garbage with situational play calling.

Yup. Dumb call. Also a dumb call to pass it on third and one in OT.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Do I think the ball hit Chubb? Probably. But there was no definitive evidence that it did. He could have flinched cause he could have seen that the ball was very close to his face and was about to hit him. I'd say that's a natural reaction even if it didn't actually touch him.

Regardless, I don't think you guys can honestly argue that the calls today went in our favor. There were bad calls on both sides today, but it seemed like there were more in Pittsburgh's favor. Then again, we had a lot of dumb penalties like false starts, illegal formation, etc that are obviously totally on us.

We sucked today.   Bad calls on both sides.  Not going to make excuses....but that punt recovery call shifted the momentum IMO....whether it hit him or not.

Archived