The Good, the Bad, the Second Half Losers vs the Rams

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I honestly think it was the first one. He forced it when y’all were driving and had all the momentum and just straight up wearing down the defense. That INT gave the rams momentum IMO. GG guys. Don’t be so down on Carr. Almost every QB no named Brady shat the bed this week.. Right now defenses are OP because the lack of reps and practices. 

That's actually a pretty fair point. We're a bit harsh on Carr because we saw this last year. However, we're not just kicking him to the curb. He has 15 games to reprove he is our guy. Just gotta refocus and prepare for Denver.

I disagree about the Raider oline holding up well. They got called for so many false starts and holds because it was either try to get an early start or hold the Rams defenders or get the QB killed. The one time the Rams nearly decapitated Carr, it was called roughing the passer which was a bogus call. 

I thought the Rams dline did its job. If they wasnt getting to Carr, they forced the oline to false start and hold. Ill take that all day if I cant get an actual sack. Plus Carr looked skittish in the pocket at times when he wasnt throwing the ball quickly. 

That Mack trade looks even worse. He nearly ended the Packers hopes this season when ARod went down. The Raiders only touched Goff twice and that sack was his fault for holding the ball too long. Like the Raiders need to get pressure on the QB or its going to be a long season. The Rams struggled in the 1st half because they were rusty. They found their rhythm in the 2nd half but the game couldve been even ugly had the Rams scored tds in the redzone instead of settling for fgs and Zeurlein even missed one as well. 

Ill give the Raiders credit for taking advantage of the Rams rustiness in the 1st half. The 2nd half clearly showed the Raiders were no match. Once the Rams went up 20-13 I knew it was over. Good luck the rest of the season for you guys. Again I am hoping for big things from Key. He did make a play in this game. So hopefully he can make more plays and be the guy I know he is capable of being when he was doing great things on the field at LSU. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I disagree about the Raider oline holding up well. They got called for so many false starts and holds because it was either try to get an early start or hold the Rams defenders or get the QB killed. The one time the Rams nearly decapitated Carr, it was called roughing the passer which was a bogus call. 

I thought the Rams dline did its job. If they wasnt getting to Carr, they forced the oline to false start and hold. Ill take that all day if I cant get an actual sack. Plus Carr looked skittish in the pocket at times when he wasnt throwing the ball quickly. 

That Mack trade looks even worse. He nearly ended the Packers hopes this season when ARod went down. The Raiders only touched Goff twice and that sack was his fault for holding the ball too long. Like the Raiders need to get pressure on the QB or its going to be a long season. The Rams struggled in the 1st half because they were rusty. They found their rhythm in the 2nd half but the game couldve been even ugly had the Rams scored tds in the redzone instead of settling for fgs and Zeurlein even missed one as well. 

Ill give the Raiders credit for taking advantage of the Rams rustiness in the 1st half. The 2nd half clearly showed the Raiders were no match. Once the Rams went up 20-13 I knew it was over. Good luck the rest of the season for you guys. Again I am hoping for big things from Key. He did make a play in this game. So hopefully he can make more plays and be the guy I know he is capable of being when he was doing great things on the field at LSU. 

Definitely was not a bogus call. Went helmet first into the knee. I was honestly scared Carrs season was done when I saw it happen in real time. It was the first time I've seen Carr legit P.O. That penalty would be called 10 times out of 10.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Definitely was not a bogus call. Went helmet first into the knee. I was honestly scared Carrs season was done when I saw it happen in real time. It was the first time I've seen Carr legit P.O. That penalty would be called 10 times out of 10.

You are right. I am just looking at it from the standpoint of the intent wasnt there. Donald fell on top of him which cant be prevented. But I do see your point. 

LMAO guys calm down. Carr sucked today. It happens. So did Garoppolo and Stafford. Qb's have bad games. This was the hardest game on our schedule and we got destroyed in the 2nd half, but showed that we can hang with the best, at least for a limited amount of time, before falling back to earth.

These guys are playing hard and we won't go against a corner duo, defensive coordinator, or interior rush like this the rest of the year.

I'm glad we got this *** whooping out of our system today. I'm ready to move on.

The sky is not falling... yet. If we get embarrassed in Denver, that's another story.

Whitehead deserves shout out. Dude showed up. 

Same old no pressure from d-line. Goff made a couple of throws all game because he didn't feel and pressure. If he had pressure he isn't connecting on many.

Reggie nelson must go! No way this dude is a starter. Karl Joseph please.. or anyone not named nelson. Slow slow slow

Main thing tonight is we were simply outmatched. We saw what great coaching can do in the first half but plain and simple, we lost to a much more talented team tonight. Penalties, miscues, etc were all things i expected from an offense that that's brand new to our guys and more complex than most. The mistakes and execution will improve with time. I'll start by addressing Carr with what i said in the gameday thread...

He has his flaws and Chucky will work them out in time or at least make them better. QBs have always been his specialty.

Ive been following along and it sounds like another game i remember that maybe some of you do. Chucky's first game as Raider coach. People hated Gannon then. He threw for like 200 yards and a pick, no TDs, sacked a bunch. Favre went off for 300+ and 3 or 4 TDs and we still only lost by 4.

This is week 1. our first game without Mack, an entirely new coaching staff, a drastic change in personnel from last year, and new schemes on both sides of the ball. People forget Gannon was VERY average for most of his first season until they added some more talent and the light came on when he began to master what Chucky was asking of him.

Im not trying to say Carr deserves a break for bad plays but our offense with Chucky the first time around didnt click right off the bat but i remember how awesome it was seeing the potential and finally seeing it open up when it did. Give it a little time cuz when everyone master's Chucky's offense, gets on the same page, and is relaxed while running it, you all should remember what a thing of beauty it was watching Gannon, Garner, Rice, Brown, and the like run it like it was easy. It was like clockwork and they barely had to try cuz they all knew exactly what they had to do every snap. We'll get there but not in the 1st game.

The good imo...

Jalen Richard looking like Chucky's new Charlie Garner.

Considering the talent of that defensive line and a Wade Phillips scheme, our line played well above average imo

Playcalling and adjustments. Chucky called a game that gave us the best chance to win but once the Rams realized what we were limited to, then it became the game we thought it would be. As much as people dont wanna hear this, we held off being embarassed alot better than i thought we would.

Jared Cook's athleticism finally being utilized by a coach.

Tahir Whitehead was around the ball alot and played very well.

The bad...

DePaola gone for the year.

Townsend is nothing like the guy i watched in college.

Corners not getting their heads around.

The ugly...

Same as last season, Nelson is a liability every time he's on the field.

Pass rush was anemic. Our defense struggled badly to get pressure and Mack's absence was beyond noticeable. That said, our young guys were getting beat 1 on 1, especially Key who looked badly overmatched. Bear in mind they have a more than decent offensive line.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LMAO guys calm down. Carr sucked today. It happens. So did Garoppolo and Stafford. Qb's have bad games. This was the hardest game on our schedule and we got destroyed in the 2nd half, but showed that we can hang with the best, at least for a limited amount of time, before falling back to earth.

These guys are playing hard and we won't go against a corner duo, defensive coordinator, or interior rush like this the rest of the year.

I'm glad we got this *** whooping out of our system today. I'm ready to move on.

The sky is not falling... yet. If we get embarrassed in Denver, that's another story.

Carr being scared in the pocket isnt a new thing though. Neither is him dinking and dunking. People want to point to rams or other qbs having bad games to have hope. But carr has always sunk under pressure. Its his fifth year and he might be even more skirmish after his injury. This is the best pass rushing division, we cant have a qb who can only pass behind 90s cowboys oline. 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Mack had one of the best games a defense of player could have and it only took Rogers one half to beat Chicago .

That’s the difference  between a top QB and a top defense of player.

Carr needs to get it together. He started seeing ghosts in the pocket, it happens to often with him. He's not extending plays and is afraid of the deep ball. That offense was painful to watch. Dink and dunk personified last night. You have to take shots and try to get a guy like Cooper going. 

Defense.... I guess we can all pump the breaks on this rookie Dline thing finally yes? Preseason is never indicative of real games. They looked overmatched and were stonewalled all game. No pass rush and worse, things got desperate. They lined up Hurst at DE to try anything.

It's 1 game against what many see as a Superbowl team. But there is a clear lack of talent on this team. Who is the playmaker right now on either side of the ball? Looks like it's the approach of bend but don't break with the defense. And offense, conservative, ball control to mask the clear lack of skill players.

Archived