Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You guys have always been our brother board.

Would you guys be able to confirm for me that this is not a sack that you would attribute to the RT and that this Rashan Gary hit on Trubisky was pretty much just the result of the Bears Offensive Line not knowing how to handle stunts?

8OAu20z.gif

I can promise you that not a one of us cares........Not even a little bit

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I can promise you that not a one of us cares........Not even a little bit

That's an entirely valid opinion. Just looking for any help. Dealing with an idiot back on the Packer board. 

I watched it probably 20 times, but.... I couldn't really come to a decision, I'm not well enough versed in the nuances of the NFL's trench warfare to know who was responsibly there.

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Would you guys be able to confirm for me that this is not a sack that you would attribute to the RT and that this Rashan Gary hit on Trubisky was pretty much just the result of the Bears Offensive Line not knowing how to handle stunts?

8OAu20z.gif

Looks to me like Lowry just did his job more so than the Bears not knowing how to handle the stunt. He didn't let #75 get away from him to try and at least slow down Gary. Just a well executed stunt.

For the 1st clip, of course not. That's either a coverage sack or on the QB.... or the LT who caused the rush that scared Kizer and made him move up.

*disclaimer: RMIB is not an expert in Xs and Os and actually not responsible for anything he says that may be wrong*

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

8OAu20z.gif

It's mostly a coverage sack. Ideally you want the RT to have the awareness to go pick up the stunt but being asked to block that long is tough for anyone

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

8OAu20z.gif

yeah how that goes that's not on him...they should passed off 

You could say the rt should have done a retreat pull step...but he couldn't there and it's not efficient

Trubs is athletic enough that he should have read/felt that and moved out.